Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have a worn spot on the driver side floor mat under the right foot? 3K seems a bit premature. The car is fun but I'm not exactly motorcrossing it on the weekends.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ummm....from Chicago....age - mid 30's.....that means many new cars with floor mats, most burried in salt 7 months of the year. NONE shredded before the first oil change....actually, none EVER shredded.

and..if the defense is that they should have been SWITCHED to winter mode...BWA! That's silly. It snowed twice......surely it wasn't one of those 1 inch blizzards that TORE through a fine piece of carpet.

Don't get me wrong...gladly paid $150 for the mats...great in theory. UNFORTUNATELY, they're not the quality you would expect from Toyoter..

fyi...it's a common warranty 'issue'... at $150 a set every 3K for 36K....perhaps a better design (e.g., aluminum inserts to match the REAL aluminum knob) would save $$ in the long run.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Neither do mine...and I had about 2 hours of up an close and personal relationship with them this morning installing the quickshifter.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm in winter mode on my driver's side, and my passenger side carpet seems fine. How can ppl get it changed under warranty? I thought it didn't cover "wear and tear"...

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Originally posted by Fast Eddie@Feb 19 2005, 06:14 AM
Floor mats are in the winter mode. Labfish, let us know how much improvement the quick shifter makes.
I don't want to hijack (oooh, looky at me) ...LoL...so the thread is in the transmission section

·
Registered
205 Posts
I made the dealer take the $145 floor mats out of my vehicle. The next day I found $15 black floor mats on a clearance rack. They look great and are cushy. I will let you all know how they wear.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
i just did a calculation.

if I chose not to get the scion custom fitted 5 piece floormat set I would have saved myself $2.42 on my monthly payment. damn.

145.00/60=2.4166666666666~

d's floormats (11K miles) seem perfect. ( I would talk about mine but, two weeks and 778 miles shouldn't count).

I'm glad I kept the mats. I really didn't want some piece of crap mats for my first new car.

here's to the people who wanted to save a buck.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Mine were ok for 9K miles, then I let my friend's wife drive my car for a day - no I have a hole under gas pedal from her high heels... Dammit.

Probably no way the dealer will warranty it...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.