Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly is the need for the floor mats? I mean do they not come with any kind of floor mats? What are so special about these floormats? Does anybody have a picture of them? Thanks! You guys own, you're so helpful!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Unless you get some kind of floor mats, the tC does not come with ANY kind of floor mats. They would be useful to help keep the floor material from getting destroyed; you can replace mats much more easily than you can replace the floor.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True indeed. That makes sense, are there any pictures?

·
Registered
282 Posts
here's the link to the scion accessories on the scion.com

http://www.scion.com/drive/accessories/tc_gallery/index.html

click on interior then floor mats...the picture of the floor mats will load.
one cool thing about the floor mats is that you can lock them down on the driver's side so it doesnt move around especially if you are driving a 5sp.
i hated it when i was in my old car the mats always bunch up under the clutch pedal so i ended up throwing the whole thing out!

hope this pic helps!

Liz

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
the floormats also have a cool feature where you can take the carpet out of the floormat leaving the gripped rubber for rainy/snowy days. the floormat w/o the carpet collects water/melted snow so it doesn't leak everywhere. they are pretty slick.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet deal, i'll hafta check it out later, im at work and microsoft turns our activex controls off. grr :\

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by phammerz@Aug 13 2004, 07:36 PM
wow, i never knew the floormats had that feature, thats awesome, no more smelly gross dirty floor mats =)
lol... the carpeted part just snaps off of the rubber/plastic part. The cool part about the Scion floormats is that they also have two holes (at least on the drivers side) that you can hook onto the two hooks on the floor of your car which keeps them in place.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I got 18.98 floor matts at Walmart and they do the trick well with out getting all messed up. Then again it doesnt snow here....

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
while the scion floor mats do lock into position, I feel that $150 can be better spend else where. I mean, thats a good portion of an intake or something more practical for the car, where you can buy generic floor mats like I did at pep boys or some place like that. Floor mats are made to get dirty, and who wants to ruin $150?

·
Registered
425 Posts
i wanted floor mats in my tC because i know in the winter time the snow can get really dirty and i don't want to dirty up the carpet like that... and with the floor mats you can remove the carpetted part to reveal just the rubber portion, making it an "all-weather" style mat, which is easy to clean imo

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, and also you can get them for about 1/2 price off of www.mcgeorgeparts.com.

http://www.mcgeorgeparts.com/

Check out that link and go to look at the floor mats for the tC....this pic shows how the mats are two seperate pieces, and it shows one mat without the holes (for the passenger's side) and one mat WITH the holes (for the driver's side).

*Edit: Oh yeah, and you could always not get the special mats and pic some generic ones up somewhere else if you want to save the money. Then again, some people don't plan on doing too much special to their car and the mats might be a nice little touch.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I think its worth it just for the trunk mat. That thing is sweet. Looks much nicer back there with it then with out.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There's a trunk mat? Whoa, I wanna see!

·
Registered
422 Posts
My salesperson put some free mats (not tC mats) in my car before I drove off the lot.

Then I bought cocoa mats for the front from: http://www.ajprindle.com/index.jhtml?produ...&navAction=jump

I'd like to get a mat or liner for the back. Does anyone have pics? I like a plastic liner that goes up at the sides in case of spills like our Rav4 has. Is there anything out there yet like that?
If not, I'm trying to decide on the mat or cargo liner. I don't know what the difference is, except in price --- huge!

·
Registered
282 Posts
the scion cargo mat comes with the scion floormats if that is what you are talking about. i dont think you can get those seperate from floor mats. the cargo mat is pretty sweet looking thing! i wouldnt use it for heavy duty stuff....just roll it up and throw down a liner to keep your cargo clean.

after i give my black cherry pearl a bath today, i will get a pic of the cargo mat and post!

Liz

·
Registered
282 Posts
Originally posted by bizzyliz@Aug 15 2004, 04:56 AM
the scion cargo mat comes with the scion floormats if that is what you are talking about. i dont think you can get those seperate from floor mats. the cargo mat is pretty sweet looking thing! i wouldnt use it for heavy duty stuff....just roll it up and throw down a liner to keep your cargo clean.

after i give my black cherry pearl a bath today, i will get a pic of the cargo mat and post!

Liz
opps i double checked liner under accessories on the scion site.

the liner can extend all the way back when you fold the rear seats down. the mats just covers the just the cargo area. If i need a liner, i would go to the local auto store or walmart to find a good one for less. why pay $100 bucks to dirty it up?

I know the floor mats and cargo mats were expensive but i love the way it looks!!
wish i had known they would be cheaper on mcgeorges, didnt know about that until after i got my car.
Oh well no regrets bc thats the only option i got with my car

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Don't feel too bad, Liz -- I did wait and order the mats from McGeorge's, and after you add the ten bucks for shipping (which isn't at all unreasonable for something that heavy, I might add), it's only a savings of about twenty bucks -- a little less, actually -- over getting them as an option when you buy the car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts