Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting mine Azure Pearl in a couple of weeks. What mats to get?

Scion tC mats?
Cocoa mats?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I dont' know anything about Cocoa mats, but I do know that the Scion mats I saw are actually two in one.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, from what I can tell, there is some sort of clip on them that lets you take off the "carpet" part of it, and the bottom layer you have left is rubber (or rubber-like, anyways).

Would be great for those times when you step into mud or something and cringe at the thought of having to put your feet in the car to drive it!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yep, they are two in one all season mats. so you can take out the carpet in the winter and have a rubber mat still in. also makes cleaning the carpet inserts easy cause you can throw them in the wash and let them air dry instead of having to steam clean or shampoo them to get them clean. good design.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I was wondering why i kinda had to finish putting my drivers side together when i got the car. thats pretty cool. need to add that to my little know features thread.

·
Registered
619 Posts
one more thing, if you want to save a few bucks at time of purchase dont get the mats and buy them after the fact. you can save about $30 getting them from www.toyotaparts4u.com I know it doesnt make much of a difference when you are financing the car. just a little FYI.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. Still haven't decided. I read that the Scion mats were kinda small & didn't cover enough. Is that true?

BTW,I haven't been this excited about a car since my Pontiac Fiero!!! LOL

·
Registered
619 Posts
Originally posted by redwineallthetime@Jul 12 2004, 10:16 PM
BTW,I haven't been this excited about a car since my Pontiac Fiero!!! LOL
ARE YOU KIDING ME WITH THAT?!?!?!

Anyway, the floormats cover the floors perfect ly and the trunk mat covers the entire trunk floor as well. The car just looks naked with out it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
The cargo mat is like a floor mat but for the trunk, the liner is like this big rubber thing with taller walls.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally posted by C!ph3r@Jul 12 2004, 07:32 PM
The cargo mat is like a floor mat but for the trunk, the liner is like this big rubber thing with taller walls.
Does the Cargo Mat also have the 2 in 1 feature as the front floormats? And does the rear seats get floormats also?

·
Registered
619 Posts
No it doesnt. I know this because i fogot to take out my car wash soap and the bottle leaked and i now have a very soapy trunk mat

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have two different mats in my trunk. One is is the carpeted mat and I thought the other thing was the cargo liner but it doesn't have rubber walls? Its just like a vinyl canvas thing that I can't figure out how to make it fit in the trunk right that hooks on the seats.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Oh well maybe i am wrong and its not rubberfrom the pics on Scions web site i thought it was rubber. my bad.

·
Registered
44 Posts
jus get a good looking floormat at walmart or somthing.....the scion floormats and the walmart floormats do the same thing

scion floormats are overpriced anyway and they only collect dirt from your shoes

·
Registered
8 Posts
The carpet used in the factory inserts is crappy. I removed mine during winter months and still wore a hole in the carpet where my right foot rests. I am currently looking for decent quality aftermarket cut-pile carpet to cut and fit as a replacement, unfortunately most of the good stuff I've seen is at least $40 per square yard, and I'd still have to affix my own rubber backing. I may just buy new mats and never use the insert until I'm ready to sell the car: (

·
Registered
65 Posts
diamond plated mats on mine. They look pretty aggressive when you first step in along with the led lights under the dash. Downside, its a must to have any passengers brush their shoes off b4 entering.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I like the Scion mats. I didn't get them in my first tC cuz it was ridiculously over-priced. I got some cheapo plastic joints from Walmart like somebody suggested...WRONG. Don't be chincy, just buy the deng Scion mats. They look good and go with the car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I bought the Rubbermaid set from Target. It has carpet but is also an all-weather mat, so the edges are deep to hold water/mud in. The backside has a few golf spikes to keep the mat in place which works pretty well. My only complaint is that they aren't as big as the factory mats so you don't have total coverage. But for $25 they are a super deal!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts