Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does n e one know a manufacteur for a flip out tv that i will still be able to close the radio cover !!!!! everywhere i go they tell me its impossible!!!!!

thanx peace

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
When I saw the title of this thread, I was immediately reminded of how Ninjas just flip out and kill people!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thanks u fckn babanas

·
Registered
203 Posts
I thought there were quite a few that had the lcd screen built in the unit that slide in and out?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Sounds like a personal attack to me.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Why is this impossible? If I read this right, he wants a single DIN unit with a retracting screen. Lots of companies make them and they are the same size as a normal single DIN. With the door open, it slides back into the dash right? Why would you have to cut it or remove it since it goes back in the dash anyway? I still don't have my tC yet so I haven't really seen how much room is in there. Hell, all 3 I test drove didn't even have the stock radio in them.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by Angrybutcher@Sep 17 2005, 08:25 PM
Why is this impossible? If I read this right, he wants a single DIN unit with a retracting screen. Lots of companies make them and they are the same size as a normal single DIN. With the door open, it slides back into the dash right? Why would you have to cut it or remove it since it goes back in the dash anyway? I still don't have my tC yet so I haven't really seen how much room is in there. Hell, all 3 I test drove didn't even have the stock radio in them.
what he is saying is he wants to be able to close it while the dvd screen is flipped out, there isn't enough room behind the cd deck to push it that far back to where it could come all the way out and flip up with the door shut, its not possible no dvd deck yet has been able to do this..

I would just suggest getting a dual din dvd screen like I am going to get so that you can still shut the door for security and your don't have to worry about fitment issues

·
Registered
542 Posts
isnt there an alpine flip-out screen that won't let the door shut even with the screen retracted because the volume knob sticks out too far?

·
Registered
66 Posts
IMHO i think you should just get a double DIN player. i had a pioneer flip out unit for awhile, but i had to take the door off. it really looked like S**T. i actually sold it and am replacing it with a double DIN.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.