Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently sold my VW Golf 1.8T, and I am in the market for a new vehicle; this tC really caught my eye... Now, I haven't been to a dealship to look at the car but I will very soon. I'd like some help from current tC owners.

I was looking at the Scion Website and at the different colors, in addition, I was looking at some pics of some real nice rides in this forum, and I came across a few pics that are in a color called Flint Mica. If it is as nice as the pictures, I am sold on that color... What color do you think is the best, in your opinion?

Now, in all the pics I've seen on this site, there seems to be a muted blue tint to the Flint Mica color, but on the Scion website it looks simply dark grey.. which is it? My answer will be answered obviously when I get my lazy a_s to a dealership, but am I seeing things or is the Flint Mica color at all Blue?

Thanks much...

P.S. Any and all comments regarding my making a purchase of this car are welcomed and encouraged. Is it a good vehicle, what options should I get and not waste my money on? ...that kind of stuff. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
When it is dark outside, I would swear that the flint mica paint has a subtle blue tint to it...regardless, it only looks like a flat gray when it is filthy.

Oh, and the tC is a great car. I love mine.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Yeah, it has what look like metallic flakes in it. In addition to blue and green, I've seen red, gold and silver. So I guess that if lighting was right, it would look blue.
Here are a few pics of mine.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Flint Mica is a very dynamic color. It has a dark grey base color, but the flakes reflect several other colors so depending on the surrounding light, it looks any number of colors. In most cases, it appears to have 'ocean' blues and greens. Your best bet is to find one at the dealership or take a look at one of the Lexus cars in Flint Mica. It really is a nice color... 99% of the time.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Check out this discussion on the colors of the Tc. It's a poll, and you can see how popular each color is. Just about every new member has had a post of "I can't wait to get my tC" or "Check out my new tC, it's the bomb diggity" or somehting along those lines. Needless to say, most of us love our cars. I've had mine since august in Indigo Ink, absolutely love it. I just bought an overlay kit, will be putting it on this weekend. BTW, pictures don't do the colors justice. You really should drop by the dealership and check out all the colors they have available, that's really the only way you'll be able to tell what looks best and fits you. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Frunobulax+Feb 11 2005, 06:54 PM-->QUOTE (Frunobulax @ Feb 11 2005, 06:54 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-whosthatrussian
@Feb 11 2005, 07:17 AM
I've had mine since august in Indigo Ink, absolutely love it.
I'm with you on the Indigo Ink Pearl, whosthatrussian. The difference between dirty IIP and clean IIP is amazing!
[/b]
I love the way mine looks in the sun when its clean. too bad God hates me and makes it rain right after i wash my car. Why, God? Why?!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.