Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been in the market for new wheels for a few weeks now and i stumbled across these wheels at edgeracing.com....I did some research on this company and it appears they are very popular with the VW/Audi crowd....just wondering what you guys think about these wheels on an IIP.

The closest thing to these wheels on an IIP tC is this RSX i found haha

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh and theyre only $102 per wheel and they weigh 19 lbs for the 17 X 7 w 35 offset. there is also a model without the two peice look that weighs 18 lbs. All the posts ive read about these wheels say they have no problems with durability at all so im hoping they dont sound too good to be true.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I had FLIK knockoffs of Team Dynamics TDR-1 wheels. They were 17x7 and weighed 15lbs or something like that and were also about $120/piece. Too bad edgeracing stopped carrying them.

FLIK is an underdog brand, but I had no issues with the wheels and haven't heard anybody complain about them after my recommendation. I think the only place that sells them is edgeracing.com, thus not very mainstream.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Not bad, but are they true 2-piece or are those fake rivets?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by kurker@Dec 4 2005, 12:54 AM
...17 x 8.5 ... +42mm offset...
Aren't you worried about rubbing? I was rubbing with 18x8.5 +40s shod with 225s! I'm assuming you're going for 245s, which would only rub worse... The much safer bet is 17x8.0 +45 or +48 with 245s.

-Ed

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I just got the new Modified Mag. EdgeRacing has them. THey're the Flik Wasp's. $599 for 17" wheel/tire combo, $899 for 18" combo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.