Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp.

Had the car for 24 hours and now I have a nice rock chip on my hood that is pretty deep from a rock this evening when I was driving around.

What would be the best way to get this fixed? It is down to the metal is what it looks like...any ideas?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Back in Nov. I got a scratch in my hood that went into the clearcoat and is barely the thickness of your fingernail. I took it to the dealer they wanted $600 cuz they have to airbrush the whole hood in order for it to blend...Maybe you could find a shop that will do it cheaper, you could always use touch-up paint, or then again there are some nice cf hoods out there. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
touchup paint for now... H2O could get in there, and lots of bad things could happen... like bubbles.. or rust... so if u dont get it professionally fixed.. at least put some touch up paint on it

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Touch-up, let it dry, then again, then use Langka to get rid of the blob - that's the only way out under $400. Other than that - Dent Wizard is the best place for small dents and dings - and they were cheapest when it came to small paint things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.