Registered
1,704 Posts
what exactly did you use?

looks good btw

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used a service that brings 4 guys to you and does it by hand w/detail for $65. I have no clue what they used. But I will look into it. They do washes for $25 which is the same as the "Hand Car Wash" (which does a crappy job BTW) by my house with no Armorall.

If you're in San Diego... I will post the site...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
i go to SDSU... but im not gonna spend $65 to have my car detailed.... i like cleaning my car any ways... it relaxes me

·
Registered
427 Posts
I recommend waxing the day you bring it home.

There's a good reason why its shiny, the paint surface is clean. Without protection, the surface becomes contaminated with oxidation and industrial fallout. Wax by itself does not make your car shine, it makes the clean surface shine. Surface contaminants and oxidation will cause the surface to lose its shine. Applying a protectant will help you keep that shine for a longer time without having to do nearly as much 'make up work' after a few months.

Sure, the car will look great for a few months after you buy it. However, you can maintain that look for longer by providing some protection. Of course, not everyone cares this much so I'm sure there are those that will wait some time before they realize how bad their paint has gotten.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by Brad2005tC@Apr 27 2005, 05:15 PM
looks great..i gotta get my bsp detailed + waxed
trust me you will think your car is the hottest thing on the strip I have a BSP and I love how it looks fully washed and waxed with mother cleaner wax, and on the rare occasion the 3-step process

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Originally posted by silver@Apr 26 2005, 07:38 AM
i wouldnt even recommend waxing it so soon. theres not really a need in it.itll keep its shine for months after its bought.
Your missing the whole point of waxing. You wax to protect the paint, and give it a good shine. I have known many people who never had to paint there cars or have to deal with oxidation, beacuse of routine waxing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.