Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's aluminum, so it cuts really easily. 32-tooth blade in the jig saw, clean-up with a sanding spindle, then touch up the black paint on the cutoff ends. Pretty simple DIY project, once you get over the initial fear of cutting into a perfectly good billet grille.

·
Registered
444 Posts
where did u get the grille exactly??

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the positive comments.

The grille was an eBay impulse buy, from a place called (appropriately enough) Mr. Grille. They're from Norco, Ca, about 25 miles from where I live-- the grille arrived less than 24 hours after the auction ended. Great fitment, and the total was about $120 after shipping and tax. I'm really pleased with it.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wouldn't pay $1400 for in in-dash DVD either-- dropping the $900 for the Clarion was tough enough. But it's all about the quality of the source, so it was worth it. I'd buy it again.

No turbo or super for me in the golden state of Cali unless I find a Magic GasCard on the ground-- for while the DVD player may earn a new concert disc or video compilation every now and again, 20mpg on 91 @ $2.75 a gallon? How about no.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Your gas mileage will be a direct reflection of your restraint. There are no internal changes to the engine, so it will produce the same mileage it did stock as long as you don't hammer the boost all the time.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My restraint = 20mpg. I bought a 900 dollar HU that I use every minute I'm in the car-- a $3k SC is just asking for me to drop the hammer every time, all the time.

I don't think I could buy a big-ticket go fast part and not use it to go fast...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.