Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's uP? Well, here are a few a my vids from my runs yesterday. Keep in mind, cars here on Guam run about .5 second slower then they would in the states. I think I didn t do too bad for my first time running on a track. My buddy ran it and his time was a [email protected] I ran--- 16.04(x2), 16.12, 16.3(x3). Wasnt able to get time slips do to problems with printer. Will be running again on Dec. 30! Let me know what you think! :cheesy:

http://www.zfver.com/vids/12-12-05/TC-15.89.wmv

http://www.zfver.com/vids/12-12-05/TC-vs-240.wmv

http://www.zfver.com/vids/12-12-05/TC.wmv

·
Registered
539 Posts
hey I have an SSM tC also...nice nice...But I dont think your cars run half a second slower then in our states....maybe more like .2 slower....But you drive just like me, perfect launches with tirespin and powershifting all the way when needed...BTW what rpms did you launch at???...also I noticed you did some runs with and without powershifting, which helped better your times???....TY man for the vidz and NICE JOB

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Powershifting was something new to me, I learned it last night actually. My buddy told me to try it out so I did. one of my 16.04 runs I p/s only between 3rd and 4th. The 15.8, he did it between 2nd/3rd and 3rd/4th. It helped out alot. I will be trying it with drag radials or slicks, a friend of mine told me I can borrow which ever set I want from him next time.
I was talking to a local guy, he ran 16.7 in his tC with only the Injen SRI setup. We're trying to post the rest of the vids from last night, I will post them when ready.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by injen_tc@Dec 11 2005, 01:57 AM
Hey, Chengy, I just noticed that you said " I own a SSM tc too.." in your last post. My tC is Azure Pearl. I get that alot at night, people think its silver. There are only 4 tc's that color on Guam. Too many silver, black, and white here. Check this pic out!

OiC I guess I didnt notice it in the vids because they really look like you do own an SSm tC hehe...well about the rpms, what rpms do you launch at???...If your rpms u launch at are different form mine (2.2k-2.4k rpms) then Id sure like to try which rpms u launched at since u had pretty good launches...Oh yeah powershifting frmo 1st-2nd is great also, you should try it because I think it helps more then normal shifts...

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by kidazn719@Dec 11 2005, 04:23 PM
why would being in guam effect the times?
A combination of air temperature and moisture, among other things.

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by kidazn719@Dec 11 2005, 06:28 PM
That makes sense but wasn't aware it would make that much of a difference...
Makes an uberhuginormously massive and utterly clear and unarguable difference.

-Ed

j/k It's definitely a measureable difference. It's part of the reason why many people will notice that in colder/drier weather, particularly winter time up in the snow belt, their car has more power.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by EddNog@Dec 11 2005, 10:33 PM
It's definitely a measureable difference. It's part of the reason why many people will notice that in colder/drier weather...their car has more power.
Absolutely. When it goes from about 90 degree and 90% humidity to 50 degrees and 10% humidity around here this time of year, it makes a very noticeable difference in pep and low-end acceleration.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4+Dec 11 2005, 06:55 PM-->QUOTE (basilisk4 @ Dec 11 2005, 06:55 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-EddNog
@Dec 11 2005, 10:33 PM
It's definitely a measureable difference.  It's part of the reason why many people will notice that in colder/drier weather...their car has more power.
Absolutely. When it goes from about 90 degree and 90% humidity to 50 degrees and 10% humidity around here this time of year, it makes a very noticeable difference in pep and low-end acceleration. [/b]
If only you could take a spin in my car here right now; 29F and bone dry. I feel like my car's putting down almost 150 to the ground lately from this great (no, really!
) weather.

I almost don't want summer back.

-Ed

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well it makes sense since cold air is denser than hot air, and more air goes into the engine but... certain parts of the car also works better in warmer temperatures like the tires and engine oil so I always thought it would just compensate and even out.. now I know

Edit: Just to avoid confusion... I'm not saying that warm tires and warm engine oil is better than a cold engine...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by injen_tc@Dec 11 2005, 05:36 PM
Humidity on Guam is extremely bad! Lowest temp. year round is about 85 even at night. Alot of military guys have came from the states and have had trouble here due to humidity, etc.
whooa then your Air Conditioning needs a lot of refillment...lolz...woot im glad it gets cold here in the winter and okay in the summer...Minnesota is alrite..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.