Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the finishing touches on the box today, and went out tonight, got some pics.

(The cap's neon and voltage readout isnt on b/c there isnt enuf voltage flowing)

(I'm sober I promise)

Im really happy with the setup. You can see the magnets thru the back window. And the black light accents the chrome flames very well...

Total cost:

~2 Audiobahn 12's and 1.5 farad cap~ $350
~2 Alpine Amps~ $ 300
~Wood for box and neon~5 $50
~Time, effort, custom flames, paint fading from indigo ink>light blue>sliver~ $priceless

·
Registered
409 Posts
not my thing, but nice job! Just becareful where you park your car, those things scream "Please steal me" im sure they sound great but some advice is to turn them off when going into parking lot to park so ppl dont notice =) just becareful

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^^ bingo. I never roll up to anywhere bumpin hard, or at all sometimes. Cops are anal about the noise laws round here, and people can here my thump for about a half a mile.... crazy.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Daytime and install pics comming soon!!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

there ya go, install pics when i get my scanner working..

·
Registered
427 Posts
Nice craftsmanship. I always appreciate a DIY mod. The PVC white tubes look out of place though. Might hit em with some of that blue paint to clean up the rough edges and balance out the color palette.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
krzy: i just went out there and put in the black caps the cover that up. They insert into the pvc and cleaned everything up very well. They are actualy ports from a different box but they fit snug.

Patel: They only block about 2 inches of the back window, not that bad.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Originally posted by QuadinScionTC@Nov 23 2004, 08:23 PM
krzy: i just went out there and put in the black caps the cover that up. They insert into the pvc and cleaned everything up very well. They are actualy ports from a different box but they fit snug.
Excellent. Gotta love it.

I can't put a box like that in my car since I use the space for work, but I love looking at them!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.