Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill have more pics up later...it started raining and i didnt have a chance to wash the car but heres some quick ones

first ones a pretty good shot of the pedestal spoiler as well (just got that about a week ago, thanks Ken)

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Nice DIY. Much more attractive than stock IMHO.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow, i just realized your on the island also[/b]
no rochester is in upstate ny...no island here

How long did you let each coat dry?[/b]
only like 5-10 minutes...you want the coat to dry long enough to be its own layer, but you want it to still be tacky so the next coat will stick properly.

thanks again for all the positive feedback

·
Registered
658 Posts
Grrr I want to that 2 on my FM. I want to copy you so bad, but i don't want to sand the rims i'm 2 scared to mess them up.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you use sandpaper where u are going to paint because the paint wont stick properly to the rims smooth surface. yes the sandpaper scratched the rims...thats the idea u only want to sand where you plan to paint

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i used 600 grit and just enough to make the rim not glossy, u can tell where you have been with the sand paper. i used 5-6coats of gloss black and 3 coats of clear, then i took the tape off and put another coat of clear on

·
Registered
576 Posts
I wonder how/what kind of life it will have? Rims take alot of abuse, I'd be interested in doing this if it would last.. maybe in a few months come back and let us know how they're holding up?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.