Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I thought some of you might be able to benefit from my experiences looking for a dealer. I live in San Diego, and I was trying to get a manual with side airbags (no easy task). I talked to A LOT of dealers, and most of them either kept calling me about cars that were the wrong color, wrong transmission, no airbags, etc.; or they were trying to sell me cars with add-ons ($1600 aftermarket wheels, etc.)

I ended up placing orders with two dealers. The one who was the most helpful was Michael Flores at Toyota Rancho Santa Margarita. He kept in good contact through email, and got me the car in the time frame he estimated. He told me 30-60 days, and it took 59 days. It was well worth going to a dealership 80 miles from home. After all the BS I heard from other dealers in this area, I thought this info might help some of you who are trying to buy.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
yeah... seems like they know they can't get much profit off the car because of the pure pricing, they add on all these accessories that jack up the price so that they can get a bigger profit.... i just went to Frank Scion on the Mile of Cars and asked my friend who works there to order me a the car w/ nothing added

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey i live right by rancho santa margarita! i went there to fix my dads old pickup. hey thanks for the info, when i get my scion, ill definitely go there and ask for Michael Flores. thanks again

·
Registered
54 Posts
csinsd

I'm going to be in the San Diego area in early July and I'm wanting to get a SCION TC. I'm not in the states at the moment to go around and talk to dealership and from what you've posted, it's going to be hard to find one off the lot. I will like to get one ASAP cause I will definetly need it while I'm there attending school. I'm not looking for much on the TC, just the basic silver, manual w/side airbags. How much did it all cost you?
I'm not sure what to do at the moment...I don't want to be stuck without a car for about 60 days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.