Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Wow, that looks great.

I really like the SW's, it was my second choice after Flint Micah.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That looks pretty nice. I should have my s-techs on next weekend.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I just read a thread about how the h-techs are more of a "smooth" lowering, not a stiffer, performance one, so they won't help much with cornering, too bad too, they look great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Originally posted by OliverThomas@Feb 5 2006, 07:15 PM
I just read a thread about how the h-techs are more of a "smooth" lowering, not a stiffer, performance one, so they won't help much with cornering, too bad too, they look great.
it drops the car, 2 in the front, and like 1'9 in the back?

So it will improve body roll, alot

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the h-techs have an "advertised" 1.6 f / 1.9 r drop...i expect the springs to be just a tad bit lower once it settles. i think the drop is perfect, not too low like the s-techs, and low enough like the TRDs.

as for stiffness, there is a noticeable difference when i hit bumps or uneven surfaces, but not so much to a point where its bothersome. as for bodyroll, i don't know...i haven't tested that out, i'm not sure if a lower ride height will get rid of some bodyroll or not. i guess thats what swaybars are for.

next up is a set of CE28Ns and tires (hopefully).

·
Registered
567 Posts
Originally posted by thrillkilljason+Feb 6 2006, 07:04 PM-->QUOTE (thrillkilljason @ Feb 6 2006, 07:04 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-OliverThomas
@Feb 5 2006, 07:15 PM
it drops the car, 2 in the front, and like 1'9 in the back?

So it will improve body roll, alot

[/b]
Actually, dropping the car lower will do near nothing for performance beside's lowering the center of gravity. If the springs aren't stiffer, just lower, they won't help in the performance department. Performance Springs are stiffer, and in fact, you could buy springs that didn't lower the car at all, but were still performance springs because they are stiffer, thereby, in a turn, they push back against the ground, reducing body roll. Lowering the car on springs that are not stiffer only lowers the center of gravity, which may seem to help, but doesn't really, because in the turn, the wheels arent being pushed onto the ground any harder, so you would lose traction alot easier.

So, like i said, the H-Techs are lower, but not much stiffer than stock, thereby, lowering the car, looking nice, but not offering much in the performance department... Which is too bad, because they look great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.