Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped off my 5spd Flint Mica Scion tC in Altoona, PA (4.5 hours away from me) at Krazy Kustomz for them to work on. What a long trip... Pennsylvania looks the same everywhere you go, lol.

Picked up my friend at midnight because he was my ride back and he drove my other car... So we woke up at 4AM got ready and headed out by 4:30AM. We made great time and two stops totalling 45 minutes and arrived at the shop around 9AM without getting lost... Right on time. Took a little tour of their projects and workplace and then headed back out.

The drive sucked and I'm really tired, but hopefully it'll all be worth it, hehe

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hope the kit is successful for you.
When are you going to be able to pick it up? Within a week?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yep, I wish you the best of luck....can't wait to see the pics!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Yeah... i hope they'll cover any damage that may occur during this process. I'm sure they will.. but tC parts i'm assuming will be hard to come by. Sounds good though... good luck to you and your car!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by SilverX@Aug 16 2004, 10:42 AM
SilverX:
Hope the kit is successful for you.
When are you going to be able to pick it up? Within a week?

TCrazy:
was there paperwork for liability etc.....while they have your car? I hope so! Oh and I cant wait for pics - T

FrostbytetC:
Yeah... i hope they'll cover any damage that may occur during this process. I'm sure they will.. but tC parts i'm assuming will be hard to come by. Sounds good though... good luck to you and your car!
Hey guys, to answer all of your questions:

It will take between three and four weeks for them to complete the kit. They are looking to do a widebody with fenders and hood.

There was paperwork, I got a contract-type deal faxed to me that said they would be responsible for the vehicle and would provide me with all products they developed for the vehicle, free of charge.

From what I understand, they are very careful with customer vehicles and I also have clearbra installed on the vehicle, which may help the bumper and part of the hood/fender area. The parts are arriving tomorrow (new bumper, etc...) and they will work off of that, I believe, so they will be storing my original hood and bumper. Also, they keep it indoors overnight and while they are working on it.

Once the whole process is started, they will be keeping in touch with me most likely via e-mail and showing me progress pictures. They are considering running the buildup in a magazine in the future, as well.

Hope I answered all your questions,
Danny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts