Scion tC Forums banner

Problems filling gas tank? clicks off but tank not full?

• Manual transmission and problems filling gas tank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manual transmission and no problems filling gas tank

• Automatic transmission and problems filling gas tank

• Automatic transmission and no problems filling gas tank

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Select which problems you've had.. We've had some tC owners here who have complained about filling up the gas tank and having the gas nozzle click off and yet the tank isn't even full

Want to see which transmission model is affected more, since there are two different emission systems between auto and manual..

thanks..

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Don't know what to say about this one... I've only filled up my baby once... cause other people have been paying for my gas ...
I will need to fill up soon... I'll let you know whether I have any issues or not...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Here in the Garden State (New Jersey), we aren't allowed to pump our gas, but the attendants haven't had any difficulty so far. Whenever I'm out of state I actually get mildly excited at the prospect of pumping my own gas. (Totally lame I know) I also usually get out of my car anyway to make sure that the attendants are careful with my shiny new car.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Aug 11 2004, 05:59 PM
man, your scion came with free gas forever?!?!?! i need THAT deal haha. - T
I wish... well I'm currently sporting the dealer's decal on my car so I guess my gas is free if I use my $$ for that...

The first tank came with the purchase of the car..
The second tank I filled up
The third tank... my fiance filled up cause we drove my tC instead of his up to LA
The last tank... the dealer filled up cause I had to drive back to the dealer a couple times...

·
Registered
181 Posts
i haven't had any problems.. so far i've filled up my tC whenever it reaches the
1/4 tank notch.. seems to always come out to just under $20.00.. so then i'll just
top it off til it gets to $20.00

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
First time I filled up my 5speed it was fine, then the last time it kept clicking off, but it was NO where near full. I pulled the nozzle out a bit, and it got better, but still I couldn't pull the handle back all the way or it would shut off...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i've had these problems with my jeep, and let me tell you, it's not the car in my opinion. Some gas stations have their pumps either adjusted wrong or they might be slightly broken. Most of the time, it's no problem, but sometimes I've had that happen to me, where it was like, 1/2 full and the pump would click off and keep clicking if i tried to pump some more. I may be wrong, of course it could be a defect.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hmm..I didn't even think about that since it's happened at all the stations I've been to so far. I'll have to gas up this weekend, so I'll try yet another place and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I filled up at a different pump today... and same thing... it clicks off with the nozzle all the way in. Once I pull it out a bit, it works fine. Its something I can live with, just rather strange...

·
Registered
335 Posts
I haven't had any problems with filling up my tank but I always get gas from the same place so maybe its the pump having problems.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
salesman went with me to fill up the car the first time.. click on the support so that you don't have to hold it.. no problems at all.. he did tell me that some xA's were having that problem of clicking off and that they fixed it with servicing the evaporative emissions controls.. but nothing wrong with my tC..

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I have had no such problems.

·
Registered
614 Posts
my mom has had that problem with filling up her xA but i haven't with my tc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a problem the first time I filled up but I think the only problem is the way the gas nozzle is angled. I think you have to take it out a little so that its a straight shot. At least thats what fixed my problem.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts