Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 835 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since everyone has a thread on their tC's build, I figured I'd make one.

Here's what I'm currently working with...

Saturday 4/3/010 - I woke up and decided my interior needs a new look. I have a friend who reupholsters and she's going to do redo all the gray pieces and the middle of the rear panels were the speakers sit. Idk about everyone else but I've had my tC since 06, ride a lot with the windows down, and the B-Pillars are stained. I've tried to clean them but the sh*t won't completely come out. Anyway, I took apart the whole rear interior and the liner.

Also I have some racing hart type c tracers which need to be refurbished and I decided to paint one to see what color scheme I'm going with. This was the end result...

I'm going to have a shop do them professionally, buy RH center caps, and have replicas of the original stickers put on. I just needed an idea of what it will look like. Sorry the pics suck! They at least get the point across. I'll of course add more pics as I slowly get more done.

·
College Student
1,595 Posts
lookin good so far. I like the red and black color scheme. I love red and black. Couldn't really get a good look at the rim, but from what it looks like not bad. IMO, I would just do a red lip on the rim, it would look cleaner. Post pics of the interior as they come along. Is the basketball going to be reupholstered in the headliner? :rofl: easy access for pickup games! and she looks clean. real clean. Exterior is pristine and the engine bay looks great as well!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! The basketball was just always in the trunk lol. I guess I can do some pimp my ride sh*t and have a 10ft poll come out the trunk with a hoop and backboard lmao jk. As for as the rim, everything painted red is the whole actual lip. Maybe jut the outer edge would look nice but it wouldn't really flow with the lines of the rim. That's why I decided to go with this look. Plus it gives it a different style from most other red and black rims. The car is in pretty good condition but has a few dents (none really noticeable unless your the owner of the car lol). I'll definitely keep this post updated with pics of the interior or anything else I do.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
towhook ehh

·
Gynecomastia
5,925 Posts
since your going to get a tune. have you ever considered going for the smaller pulley than the 9.5? i figured if you go that route why not all the way

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (bugalking @ Apr 5 2010, 01:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=539244
since your going to get a tune. have you ever considered going for the smaller pulley than the 9.5? i figured if you go that route why not all the way[/b]
I been looking into that recently but I have to do more research. I'm not sure what all my options are. Guess i'll look into that tomorrow if it's slow at work lol. Or tonight if I have time.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
QUOTE (CandleJack13 @ Apr 5 2010, 05:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=539336
Looking good. Keep up with the pics :) Especially of the interior!

lawlz @ the cop-sticker. How's that working out for ya? ;)[/b]
Thanks, I'm taking over the pieces to my friend so she can start taking measurements and checking out what matrials she has at work. I'll post pics up when she starts working on it. You would be surprised how good that sticker works. No lie, me and my boy were coming back from a car meet and both of us were cruising down the highway, but speeding. Maybe around 25-30 mph over because we were tired and trying to get back to our houses and 3 cops sped up behind us. 1 stayed behind him and ran his plate another came up behind me and pulled right back into his lane after the lights hit my back end. In my mind i was like, "YES!!" lol My sister also has one on her rolla right by the plate. Her bf was driving the car going about 90mph trying to get back into town because they had to go to work and a state trooper (which are usually as*holes in FL) pulled up behind him. He just followed him and pulled up next to him at a light and asked where he got the sticker. Told him it was his father in law that gave him it and all he said was slow it down, the sticker doesn't give you the right to break the law.

·
Gynecomastia
5,925 Posts
its a 12 psi pulley its the 55 from nst.
btw. is your sc rebuild?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
QUOTE (bugalking @ Apr 5 2010, 10:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=539437
its a 12 psi pulley its the 55 from nst.
btw. is your sc rebuild?[/b]
I'm going to have to get that pulley. Might as well go all out before I tune it. It says it requires special modifications, know exactly what they mean by that? And good question....I got it used from a guy off CSTC. It sounds fine and has been running fine with no problems so far for the last 2 weeks. I heard the bearings go out rather fast, is that true?

1 - 20 of 835 Posts