Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fidanza now makes lightweight aluminum flywheels for your SCION TC, Xa, and Xb.

The Xa and Xb flywheels weigh in at only 8lbs while the TC flywheel weighs in at only 9.5lbs.

Replacing your flywheel is one of the best ways to release extra HP to the wheels!

For more information visit our site at:
www.fidanza.com

or call at:
440-259-5656

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Weight difference? Dyno numbers?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Any decent dyno won't show a power difference because the difference is in the acceleration. A Dynojet (and any other inertial dyno) will show a power increase, even though nothing has really changed except the rate of acceleration because the mass being accelerated is smaller.

It's sort of the classic F=MA equation in action. If you reduce M (mass) and F (force) stays the same (which it does because we've done nothing to increase the force), then A (acceleration) has to increase.

I really like lightweight flywheels. A LOT. They make the car a lot more fun to drive, even though you aren't technically making more power, you do get it to the wheels much quicker, and your ET will definitely go lower.

I had a Mueller (one of Fidanza's competitors) flywheel on my Supra, and I loved everything about it except the Getrag rattle. I just did some work on a Fidanza for a 3S-GTE that belongs to a friend of mine, and it is a very nice piece, well made, nicely finished, all the coolio stuff. I would buy one without hesitating. Expect it to be somewhere in the $400 - $500 range, not including install.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by lo bux racer@May 12 2005, 09:27 PM
Any decent dyno won't show a power difference because the difference is in the acceleration.  A Dynojet (and any other inertial dyno) will show a power increase, even though nothing has really changed except the rate of acceleration because the mass being accelerated is smaller.

It's sort of the classic F=MA equation in action.  If you reduce M (mass) and F (force) stays the same (which it does because we've done nothing to increase the force), then A (acceleration) has to increase.

I really like lightweight flywheels.  A LOT.  They make the car a lot more fun to drive, even though you aren't technically making more power, you do get it to the wheels much quicker, and your ET will definitely go lower.

I had a Mueller (one of Fidanza's competitors) flywheel on my Supra, and I loved everything about it except the Getrag rattle.  I just did some work on a Fidanza for a 3S-GTE that belongs to a friend of mine, and it is a very nice piece, well made, nicely finished, all the coolio stuff.  I would buy one without hesitating.  Expect it to be somewhere in the $400 - $500 range, not including install.
Thank you very much for taking your time in explaining everything to the other members. I greatly appreciate it!

As for pricing, TitanMotorsports is currently running a sale on the Fidanza Scion flywheels for $379 reg. priced $499 really good savings!

Take advantage of the pricing now, because it won't last much longer! Just a heads up!

http://www.titanmotorsports.com/sciontc.html

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Ask Nero about the time Lance and Bryce yelled at him at the Vegas Supra meet for screwing up the blackjack table. I remember when his Supra was black, and he was the Rodney Dangerfield of the Supra list. It's good to see Titan becoming such a big success, I wish him the best.

And, yes, Nero (Titan) knows how to do customer service, they're one of the few Supra shops I would recommend.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Grrr so many good products coming out and me ( the big noob ) can't even install springs on my car :<. I hate it. If Lance says it's good then it is.
I'm sure this will be good in combination with a turbo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
yeah i heard about the fidanzas adding 8hp on a tib V6 and a few hp on a srt that was going to be one of my next mods on the srt but will defienetly buy one when i get the tc with a better clutch for the trd sc.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Will I need different bolts for the flywheel or will the OEM bolts still work? I've had 7MG and 2JZ flywheel bolts for different applications in my Supra. Just want to know what I need to get on order so I can make the change as seemless as possible.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by justin21@Jul 13 2005, 04:40 PM
yeah i heard about the fidanzas adding 8hp on a tib V6 and a few hp on a srt that was going to be one of my next mods on the srt but will defienetly buy one when i get the tc with a better clutch for the trd sc.
They don't add any hp to anything. They free up hp that is already there. Only an inertial dyno says you make more power, but in fact, all you do is get to the same top speed sooner. If you actually made more power, top speed would increase. A LW flywheel won't increase your top speed at all. That said, the car will feel a LOT faster. It is one of the best mods you can do, because there is no downside, it's all positive.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Same as a clutch R&R. I don't know what the flat rate is, but I'd bet by the third time I do it, I can get it done as fast or faster than installing lowering springs. That means pretty cheap in my book. I know guys that do Supra clutches for under $300 labor only. I'm thinking I could do it for half that pretty easily.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
how long is the Titan sale gonna last? I want it, but just don't have the available funds yet. Someone pls lemme know. Will the price jump back up to 499 or do you think it'll stay at the below $400 range?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Jul 28 2005, 09:32 PM
Same as a clutch R&R. I don't know what the flat rate is, but I'd bet by the third time I do it, I can get it done as fast or faster than installing lowering springs. That means pretty cheap in my book. I know guys that do Supra clutches for under $300 labor only. I'm thinking I could do it for half that pretty easily.
that sounds like a challenge to me. lets pull two cars in the garage, and we can start at the same time. you put a flywheel in, and i will install a set of springs. whoever is done first wins a prize. like, a brand new monkey or something.

or the slower of the two has to buy the first round. that sounds better than a monkey.

then again, i suppose it isnt the best idea to have a race when it comes to installing performance products on a car. still, if you can beat our spring install record of 1hr54min, you get ever madder props than i already give you, lance.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I've seen a Honda clutch on a Civic done in 37 minutes with a flat rate of 4.7. Talk about a money maker...but that was after doing 4 cars. Of course every one after that was equally quick. Sometimes you just know what to do and how to get it done fast.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I looked at the clutch job tonight while I was under the engine changing the gearbox oil. It will be a snap. Totally simple with one tricky part: the mount at the back of the gearbox. I'll have to see if I can snake in to the bolts holding the mount onto the gearbox. Everything else is so easy to get to, it won't take long at all.

I hope we can get this done before the end of the month!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Are you seriously going to do the flywheel, lance? I'd love to do mine at the same time if possible. I'll supply all the beer and whatever else it takes (a monkey might be hard to get this time of year though).

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.