Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the driving impression after 4000+ miles: This is an excellent mod! The car's response isn't as dramatic as going from a two piece 40 lb flywheel to an 11 pound flywheel. The OEM flywheel weighed 16 lbs 9.8 ounces, the Fidanza measured 9 lbs 2.8 ounces (less than the advertized claim!) on the postal scale when D and I weighed them.

Here's the biggest plus: It is much easier to rev match, and I don't have the jerky throttle when I'm at low speeds on cold cycle. The engine is much smoother, and when I step on the gas the response is more immediate. It doesn't feel like we added 40 hp, but it does feel like we took 100 lbs off the car.

As a side benefit, it is much easier to control the engine speed, and throttle modulation does what you expect. No more complaints about the throttle by wire being slow to respond. It isn't. It's just too much rotating mass in the engine. The Fidanza cures this to a point where I don't notice issues with downshifts. The only downside is the revs fall faster too, so you have to keep your foot in it a bit deeper when upshifting. Truly a small price to pay.

I'll add to this after I've finished gathering the numbers. Two word recommendation? GREAT MOD!!!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I can't really add to Lance's post, but I can second everything he has said. This is a mod that will make your car much easier and more fun to drive.

Pics from the install - http://www.indemnity83.com/wp-gallery2.php...m&g2_itemId=149

I really wanted more pics, and I know Lance did as well, but most of the time I had no idea what he was doing. I also missed some parts of the install out buying oil and brake cleaner.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Just installed my Clutch Masters Stage 2 Clutch along with the Fidanza Fly wheel and holy crap. Shifting is so much smoother the clutch well it in gauges right where it should and the fly wheel well it is just plain old awesome. I think any one that owns a Manual tC should do this. Also get rid of the ratty OEM clutch. The clutch plate doesn't have springs it has hard rubber when i saw that i just thought wow toyota wasn't thinking there. I recommend the stage 2 from clutch masters its probably the best one out there for our cars. The Fly wheel too, best one they make for our car it has to be hands down. Well there is my 2 cents.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I second bluesciontc comments...had the ClutchMasters FX-200 stage 2 and Fidanza flywheel installed a couple of weeks ago and just love it...not cheap but well worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Install

I recently installed the clutchmaster fx-200 and fidanza flywheel and I must say coolest mod yet! I agree the car responses so quickly to gas after it's engaged; smoother ride too. Way less power lose during engagement and during gear changes too. I had mine installed for 200 miles now, and my only problem is shifting from neutral into gear or shifting slow. We maxed the free play in master cycle push rod... Did u all do slave extensions or additional bleeding to get from clutch disengagement 100%? It seems to fully disengage when the clutch is floored. :) thanks for any feedback on the process of new to stage. 2

·
Registered
806 Posts
You need to complete the break-in process for AT LEAST 500 miles. I bled the clutch system after install...but I'm going to be doing a complete hydraulic system bleed soon here seeing as my brakes are getting spongy and the clutch pedal seems to engage differentlky after super long drives in the city.

I might just be losing my mind though... XD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.