Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a sneak peek at the system I'm building for my tC. It is still a work in progress, but I thought you'd enjoy these. I'll keep posting pics as the system progresses.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
In the immortal words of the Great Cartman himself......
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

·
Registered
85 Posts
w00t!! good job! i like your choices of products! i have the type r's as well! im not sure if you have seen my install, if not, you will love it. ALL alpine!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
That is truly awesome, Alpman. Ever thought of making some and selling them to other tC owners?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by basilisk4@Nov 14 2004, 08:03 PM
That is truly awesome, Alpman.  Ever thought of making some and selling them to other tC owners?
This is not exactly an easy production run type setup. It took two days just to engineer the whole thing before any fiberglass was even laid. The box is removeable in order to access the tail lights if I ever need to replace the bulbs. The enclosure itself would be easy to mass produce, using injection molding proceedures, although not as strong, rigid or acoustical as fiberglass, but would work well. The beauty panel is another story altogether. It was hand sculpted w/ fiberglass & Bondo to look as factory as possible. The Pass side panel was reworked and covered to match. It would not be an easy task to mass produce these. I also do not have the time or money to invest in such a project, as enticing as it may be. Besides, I like having a one-of-a-kind tC!!! Glad you enjoyed the pics, though. Hope to inspire more of you to be creative. I'll keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Very very attractive!!!

I'm jealous as all get out.......I wouldn't even know where to begin if I wanted to try something like that...so I'm just at the mercy of the guys working at my local radio store. Yikes.....

Anyways, great work hun! I'm definitely envious!

·
Registered
409 Posts
i would so do that if i knew how, and if i needed such a system =), i dont understand how ppl can stand the bass that high, maybe im just a wimp, who knkows all i know is the bazooka sub gets too loud for me >.<

·
Registered
255 Posts
once again i drool over somethin in Alpman's car. You really need to stop i'm going to want your car instead of my own. Thats no good. haha. Where do you come up with these ideas...better yet where do you get the resources to do such things? I need to make friends like you lol. i'm just playin. But great work nontheless. Your car is going to be a total chick magnet by the time u r done. heh.

·
Registered
54 Posts
well done

·
Registered
832 Posts
Just caught this post. Wow. That is really Fantastic work Alpman. Any more recent shots of the finished product?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts