Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just got my Indigo Ink Pearl auto tC this past Saturday and I love it so far. I had a few questions about it though.

1. My dealer told me not to go over 60 mph for 3000 miles to "Break in" new engine...
That sounds like too much to me... Is this what everyone is doing here?

2. Did anyone get bumper guards installed by dealer? How are they in quality? Since I live in Brooklyn, NY my bumpers will be full of scratches in no time
, so I want to get this done ASAP!

Thanks in advance!

Val

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
NY represent! Welcome to the site.
I havent heard that dealers offer bumper guards, that may vary, plus you could get cheap ones at any auto store if you're really worried. I ordered my indigo ink at Neil Scion in Lynbrook, NY (long island), and they didn't mention anything about bumper guards. This is also the first time i've heard that you have to drive up to 60 mi/hr. When you think about it, it doesn't have as much to do with speed, but how you drive your car. You can do plenty of damage, even if you go below 60 mph. Just don't strain the car, don't let it rev too highly, so basically, drive it nice and easy for the first 1000 miles. Once you're over that milestone, you can step it up a bit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll try not to push it too much for now, although sometimes its really hard to resist.

·
Registered
197 Posts
the real breaking in rule:

don't take it above 4K rpm for the first 1000 miles.

Also, try not to brake to hard above 60, no matter how many miles you have on the odometer...I hate it when people do that. If you're pushing 65-70 and coming up on that exit, go ahead and EASE on the brake, but never push the brake in to hard above 60. it warps the discs so damn easily...my dad's 92 Lexus LS400's discs are warped bad because he did that.

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
yes.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Welcome to the site.

I actually heard your not soposed to take it past 3,000 rpm for first 1000 miles from my dealer. Maybe they were wrong?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts