Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know what you guys all use in the wheel fender wells. I have washed mine with car wash soap and still it will not turn black again. I have tried some dash cleaner and that worked once and now once again I cannot seem to make it black. Does anyone know of some gloss stuff or polishing stuff that would make it black because it is otherwise noticeable to others that my inner fender wells are not as black as they should be.

Matt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Griots Garage (www.griotsgarage.com) has some wheel well detailing stuff. I have never used it, but when I talked to them they said it was primarily for show cars and basically will mask any discoloration.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent thanks man, if someone else knows of something else let me know before I get me some of this.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got it all under control...I just used stoners auto trim shine and they are jet black without having to use any harsh greases or anything of that nature.

·
Registered
19 Posts
According to Stoner's website, in addition to Pep Boys, True Value Hardware and Auto Zone also carry Trim Shine among others. I just ordered a sample kit from them with 1 bottle each of Trim Shine, Invisible Glass, Speed Bead, and More Shine Less Time for $24.95 which includes shipping. Here a link to the site:

http://www.moreshine.com/

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Those three products are great. I use the Trim Shine on my wheel wells, my mudguard, and even my front grills. More Shine makes your tires look great and its ridiculously easy to use.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Plus, its easy to get in all the tight spaces. Just be careful about spraying too much and getting it all over the paint. I use short, controlled sprays and it does a great job.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got my order from Stoner and the Trim Shine works great! I put it on my front grille, mudflaps, and wheelwells. It's got to be the best product of its kind that I have even used - no more formula 2000 or armor-all for me. Try it - you'll like it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts