Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP ME MY FEET ARE TOO BIG!!

*waits for the snickering to die down*

Seriously though, when I wear anything other than my pumas, dress shoes, boots etc I have trouble releasing the clutch. My toes get stuck and I have to move my whole leg rather than just letting up with my foot. This is makeing things difficult because its very jerky, and gets old quick. I don't have any trouble with the gass or brake, so maybe its just the positioning of the clutch? Maybe its up higher or something?

Is there any way to increase space down there? Or do I need to just keep my pumas in the car and change shoes to drive.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I have this problem with my automatic pedals. =P Toyota just likes to place the pedals very close together in its cars.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I actually had this problem in an automatic Mazda3, but not in my auto Matrix. With the 5-speed tC I'm fine as long as I don't wear my Dr. Martens 1460 boots...

I'm size US 11 (I think).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wear 10 1/2 - 11, but the problem is with dress shoes and boots the sole extends out a bit farther than the shoe, that lip i guess adds just enough that my foot gets stuck on the underside of the dash i guess...

Does anyone know if there is anyway to fix this?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I wear dress shoes every day to work - with the wide sole - nothing gets stuck anywhere. Maybe I'm pressing the clutch differently? I think my heel stays on the carpet when I release the clutch - as in I don't move my entire leg. Maybe I should?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nah, my heal stays on the carpet too, but i have to move my whole leg back when i have the wide sole on otherwise the tip of my shoe scrapes the underside of the dashboard.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
This was something I was initially very worried about with this car. I've had a lot of trouble in the past with my feet being too big, but I haven't had any problems with the tC.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
LoL...well in one case it's good to be small. *ahem*
Foot-wise.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by argsix@Oct 13 2004, 05:06 AM
HELP ME MY FEET ARE TOO BIG!!

*waits for the snickering to die down*
Do you have the tC carpet additions? I had the same problem with the cool carpet they sell. I had to scratch my head hard as I had no issues during the test drive, but after I took ownership......

I ended cutting a piece of the carpeting where my heels go. That gave me the clearance and things are much better!

BTW, I wear 12-13s......

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf@Oct 13 2004, 01:36 PM
Everytime I see this thread... I can't help but to let out a giggle here and there.
It's not the size of our feet - it's how we use them

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by Labfish@Oct 13 2004, 02:23 PM
Be careful....you'll set off imasaf again....
That was actually a point

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
my dad noticed also that the pedals are too close together for him. He's size 12, I'm 10.5-11. I don't usually have any problems with the clutch, but I do feel like I'm doing the stair master in traffic. That's about the only complaint I have with the 5 spd. It's been over a month, and this car's still a blast to drive.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
LOL... ok folks. I'm 6'5" maybe more... and i wear a size 14 sneaker and dress shoe (unless its a New balance then its 13....) anyways, I have no problem driving the tc. Actually the problem I run into is hitting the brake and the gas at the same time when i'm wearing my dress shoes... never any trouble with the clutch. So before you all complain about being too big... think of old frostie here... i'm a freakin goon! I scare little kids just by walking by...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts