Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are your favorite places to drive in California?

Personally, I've always loved Hwy 49 between Auburn & Placerville... great winding roads, but only fun if there isn't a bunch of traffic or a big slow truck... It's also close

US101 is great coming down from Oregon through the redwoods & along the coast. I also liked going through Shasta Natl. Forest until I kept getting tickets

I know there are a bunch of great places in the bay area... along Skyline for one... looking down on the ocean on one side and seeing the S.F. skyline on the other side! (& Up around Mt. Tam is where they shoot a ton of car commercials)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I haven't really ventured out of the Los Angeles area. However on the way back from Palm Springs there are some highways with hardly any other drivers... good for testing your car's top speeds...

·
Registered
502 Posts
I can't wait to try; I wonder what it will be after the supercharger is installed.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
govnered at 128 Mph! thats damn fast tho!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Gotta tell us what you top out at w/ the tC... highest I've heard of anyone going is 120[/b]
I know I'm out of place in this Cali thread, but I have had my TC up to 127. It was late and I was the only driver on the wide open highway that I know very well. I'll tell you that it was very smooth and stable yet you don't forget that you're going nearly 130 MPH. The road noise is pretty loud also. The governor kicked in and it dropped couple of MPH and then it picked up again. Then I let off the gas and decided to drive at a more reasonable speed.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf@Aug 2 2004, 08:29 PM
Love to drive the 101... from La Jolla all the way up to Oceanside.
I am with you on that US 101 between petaluma and cresent city.... gawd damn good time THEN take the.... curses I forgot the hwy # .... anyway the one that connects 101 to I 5 (cressent city to grants pass) too much fun...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I'll let you know if I ever drive all the way across the country.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Wow 127 mph is crazy, I don't think I've even broke 100. But then again there's never a time when there is not another car on the freeway here in L.A.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts