Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a scion tc very soon. I want to order one with a manual transmission but my dealer only has automatic on the floor. I would like to know what the standard knob for the MT looks like so I know whether or not to order another one in advance. Preferably I'd like to see a picture of it.
Oh yeah, and although I'm new I did use the search button. I searched for "factory shift knob" and it returned "shortening the shifter". So i posted this. Thanks in advance. And by the way, this forum is awesome, I've been surfing it for a while and have gotten so much information. I practically have my whole ownership planned out for this car.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
The shift nob in a manual is the same black leather i believe, that looks like a standard shift nob in mostly all cars. however, don't hold me to this, because i have an automatic.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, the stock knob really isn't that bad. I might keep it. The reason I had asked earlier was because I really don't want a metal one. Y'know with how hot and cold they would get.
Thanks for pics people.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i like the stock more then the dealer accessorie ones.... i like it more then my roomates hondas, my vws, and my friends bmw.... keep it

·
Registered
242 Posts
haha, yeah i have the obx ball shifter that isnt mesh, i think i have obx burned into my palm after this summer

·
Registered
202 Posts
Anyone got the MOMO knobs? I am debating the factory metal one (which I hate, but it's circular shape, which I prefer) or the MOMO leather ball-shaped knob. I am wondering how's the fitting of a MOMO knob in a tC?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bought a MOMO shortly after getting my tC and sent it right back. Unless you replace the boot too, where the boot meets the shift knob looks funny. Plus it wasn't as comfortable in my hand as the stock knob.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have an automatic and bought the mesh OBX knob to replace the original. I think the metal knob goes well with the metalic look of the dash board.

One thing, though, it can get "real" hot in the heat !!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
The factory shift knob for the manual can also get very hot, the whole car gets very hot, IMO.

But if you're getting a manual, you may want to stick to the factory rather than the speed star because unlike an auto, you're going to be touching it all the time, and until your car cools down, can be a painful thing.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by h-qing@Aug 29 2005, 10:06 AM
Any suggestions for shift knobs that don't get too hot?
TRD leather shift knobs. But they just look plain weird and ugly, I mean the ball-shaped one.

Why can't we have something like a standard ball-shaped shifter like a VW. Those are nice, made of leather, simple and very nice to look at.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Originally posted by h-qing@Aug 29 2005, 10:06 AM
Any suggestions for shift knobs that don't get too hot?
Nah, it's not "that" bad. If it gets too hot, use a piece of cloth to shift it for a bit. It cools off pretty fast once you get the ventilation/ac going.

Oh, btw, the OBX works with auto and manual if you did not know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.