Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Mar 11 2006, 09:05 PM
Please do a search. You have been here long enough to know that.
"Werd."

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by kidcrash@Mar 11 2006, 09:09 PM
The factory sub concensus is....

it's teh suck
"Werd."

-Ed

·
Registered
54 Posts
As opposed to say nails on a chalk board? Then yes!

The speakers work well with the factory HU. But they're junk for all intents and purposes. Paper cones do not a quality speaker make.

Hence my disposal of large amounts of relatively hard earned cash into a complete set up from JL.

Now just trying to decide on the Cleansweep and what to mount my 10W6v2 in.

If anyone says I should mount the sub in their car, I got a knuckle sandwich for ya!

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
a third? There's supposed to be 6 speakers in the car right?

2 fronts, 2 rears and... 2 tweeters?

are you splitting the tweeter then? lol.

If you like the stock HU and speakers, factory option sub might not be bad for you.

A lot of people here will say they could spend the money on something better and for less if you get something in aftermarket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I Have the factory sub with the eclipse avn 5435, it works OK if you don't want the car to rattle. The stock speakers are also just OK, since I shelled out a lot of money for the eclipse unit the speaker upgrades will have to wait for awhile.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by doNna@Mar 11 2006, 10:45 PM
a third? There's supposed to be 6 speakers in the car right?

2 fronts, 2 rears and... 2 tweeters?

are you splitting the tweeter then? lol.
Last time I checked, a 3rd of 6 was 2.
Then again, I am probably too old to be driving this car and way too old for this forum of whippersnappers, so perhaps that new math has finally taken hold of main stream america.

So yeah, i would consider the tweets seperate speakers. If you lose them you will notice.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Not worth it at all. For that price I got a much better system installed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
yeah trd wants 450 for what i hear is a 7 watt sub? Other posts have mentioned bypassing the internal stock amp and adding your own, but why go thru the trouble of spending 450 + another amp?
for 450+ say 200 I can get TWO decent subs and an amp to drive them.
If you are looking to retain the stock look of the hatch area, Alpman in his infinite wisdom and coolness has designed (hopefully for mass prooduction) an enclosure that puts the 'zooka to shame. I mean, the 'zooka balls up in the fetal position and wets itself when it merely thinks about Alpman's enclosure.
But it is your money. Who are we to tell you how to spend it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by doNna@Mar 12 2006, 07:56 AM
Oh gosh. I was thinking the 4/6 where has my mind wandered off to.

Oops
Don't mind me, it was early... no coffee... kind of crabby.
No need for a newb to flame you.
Please accept my apologies.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I got 2 Volfenhag 10"s and a 2000W amp installed for $400. They're in nicely sized boxes that I can pull out or move, in case I need trunk space.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts