Scion tC Forums banner

Factory CD Stereo Issues..

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  sciontc_mich 
#1 ·
I have the factory single disc CD player and it now takes about a minute to eject a CD. IT tries and you can hear it trying to spit it out, and it just keeps making this funny noise until it finally comes back out. This just started a couple days ago... Should I go to the dealership??

#2 ·
I would definately take it to the dealership. My mom has a highlander and she started having problems ejecting the CD's and then one day it wouldn't eject them at all. They had to replace her stereo. You might as well get it looked at while it's still under warranty.

#5 ·
LOL... thanks all. Yeah, I talked to the service manager today. I'm dropping my tC off tomorrow morning and i'm going to have a loaner until at least friday while they track down my numerous rattles, clicks, clunks, etc. So, i'll have them change the radio out and stuff while its in there. Thanks for the help.

Rob

#6 ·
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@May 22 2005, 09:39 PM
I have the factory single disc CD player and it now takes about a minute to eject a CD. IT tries and you can hear it trying to spit it out, and it just keeps making this funny noise until it finally comes back out. This just started a couple days ago... Should I go to the dealership??
hey rob.. the same thing happened to me on my 2nd headunit.. the third one fixed that problem.. you're not alone, it's typical of these headunits to do this.. other things they do, stop playing cd's and the display goes blank, scratching the cd's when inserting and ejecting.. the other one was that it wouldn't recognize an MP3 disc (burned correctly)..

let us know how it goes.. and if after they take your console out to put the radio in, you hear rattling.. just know that a noise kit (foam tape) applied around where the console clips into the dash stops the noise.. hope that helps

#7 ·
Thanks. I'm still having these troubles because wouldn't you know everytime the people at toyota service tried to eject a CD it came right out. The CD gets so close, you can even see a corner through those little flaps they guide it in and out, but then it pulls it back in. I wonder if I waited long enough if they would swap in an '06 radio =o)

#8 ·
yeah definitely see if they'd give you an 06 headunit

but if the dealer doesn't want to help you then i would try another dealer.. i had the same thing happen to me, first dealer couldn't see the mp3's and ejecting mess up, so i took it to a 2nd dealer, they replaced it right away.. told me they weren't going to make me wait, plus first year production they figured that the radio might mess up (have seen it before)..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.