Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn, today when i was driving I tried listening to the radio. I had my cd playing since last night, so i didn't notice anything wrong. Well the radio stations weren't working. Once i got home, i took a look and MY ANTENNA WAS STOLEN!

WTF?!?!?!?!? Who the hell needed to steal an antenna off of my car? Pissed me off! Now i have to go look for a new one to replace. Damn people these days, if you need something, buy it yourself. Don't go off and take other people's stuff. That ain't right. If I had seen the guy who did this to my car, I would of ran him over.

DAMN IT!!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, now's the time to go aftermarket antenna. An S2000 antenna will be cheaper than stock anyways! Stuff like this is sad though. I have an aftermarket antenna but I don't want to get rid of my old antenna in case someone rips of my current one!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn, $55? I was looking on eBay for aftermarket ones or short antennas and they would run about $15 - $20 shipped. I was thinking of buying it, but i also notice that the stock antenna has the base part as well. And i don't think the aftermarket antennas would come with the base. Well, time to bug my service tech friend who works for Toyota.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Updated: Now with pics
*sniff*

I was looking on scion.com. seems like there is no base and just the antenna pole/stick. am i right?

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by Silver Streaker@Apr 14 2005, 06:44 PM
Damn, $55? I was looking on eBay for aftermarket ones or short antennas and they would run about $15 - $20 shipped. I was thinking of buying it, but i also notice that the stock antenna has the base part as well. And i don't think the aftermarket antennas would come with the base. Well, time to bug my service tech friend who works for Toyota.
you have a friend at the dealership. it should cost him around 36 dollars.

still sucks.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Sorry about that, man. I'd go with the S2k antenna. Smaller, cheaper, looks better, and the reception's just as good.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I came back from the dealer today. I bought the antenna and two "ordaments" (the antenna covers). Costed me $45 bucks for all three with my friend's employee discount. I need to go back tomorrow though to pick up the ornaments. Damn people these days. I'm also looking into placing an order or buying on ebay the s2k antenna and keeping the stock one at home just in case this bs happens again.

*To the person out there with my antenna*

I hope it jabs out in the eyes!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would just go to your local Honda dealer and pick up the S2k antenna only $25 for me. Then just return the one from your dealer. The S2K antenna gets me exactly the same reception as the old antenna.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by nrhanson@Apr 15 2005, 10:32 AM
I would just go to your local Honda dealer and pick up the S2k antenna only $25 for me. Then just return the one from your dealer. The S2K antenna gets me exactly the same reception as the old antenna.
Hey, i just went and got one today. Its pretty short which is a good thing. No problems with the radio. As for the stock one i bought from toyota, i think i'm going to just keep it "in case" something like this happens again or if i sell the car in the long run i could just keep the s2k antenna. Looks good though.

I went from 0 antennas yesterday to 2 antennas today.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by chipmOnk@Apr 16 2005, 01:04 PM
Why on earth would someone steal a stock antenna?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Albert Einstein

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.