Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving from San Diego to Fresno friday afternoon for the labor weekend and was behind this lady who merged into one of the right lanes to miss a piece of hard plastic that was in the lane we were on. I don't think she noticed that there was another piece laying on the other lane she is merging into and when she did merged she ran over it and sent sucker flying right at me. It was coming at to me too fast that I couldn't even try to dodge plus there was traffic. Once the lady knew that it hit my car she kinda speed off and exited the next exit. She was driving a new convertable Mercedes with no plates on it....damn I'm so mad!

I want to get it fix and not sure on what the price would be. Anyone down in the San Diego area that can help me out that knows of any good shop. What are my options on getting it fix...that part is attached to the whole back fender side. I'm bummed out now b/c of that incident.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Jeez Louise someone help this kid, that looks bad. Sorry buddy.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
They will weld little studs on the affected area and use a slide hammer to pull them out (gently), then grind off the studs and use as little bondo as possible to fill in any imperfections. It's practically impossible to get to the back of this piece of metal, there's a lot of structure behind it to support the glass and provide adequate rollover protection (a Federally mandated requirement for all US sold vehicles).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.