Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a reporter with Consumer Reports, and I'm working on a story about exploding/shattering sunroofs. I've gathered that Scions have been particularly susceptible to the problem in the past. I'd love to talk to anyone who's experienced the issue. We're hoping to get to the bottom of this.

If anyone is interested in speaking with me, let me know!

Best,
Thomas Germain

·
Registered
4 Posts
It just happened to me about 6 weeks ago. Cant believe that Toyota got away with the recall fix. And no the insurance doesn't consider the wind deflector, retractable sunroof and fixed sunroof part of the compressive glass coverage area. What got me the most was the sound when it shattered, I thought someone had shot out the windshield. It happened about dusk, driving into the sun , going 60mpg, through a major interstate exchange. Had a angel on my side that evening. Then getting it repaired, both Toyota and the insurance company were ZERO help. local Toyota place gave me the run around, and then I started looking into it on line. Lost a lot of respect for Toyota, for their dealing with this. Going back and reading the reports from the beginning, 2005. Can't believe there hasn't been a class action lawsuit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 06 Scion tC and was driving down the Highway today going 60mph then BOOM my moonroof exploded! There was no object left behind, luckily I had leather blind shut over glass. (Thank-god) I filed a claim immediately but haven?t got word back on anything yet. I was quite baffled by all this, so then I googled this and found out I?m not the only one, I was starting to question my sanity tbh.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I'm a reporter with Consumer Reports, and I'm working on a story about exploding/shattering sunroofs. I've gathered that Scions have been particularly susceptible to the problem in the past. I'd love to talk to anyone who's experienced the issue. We're hoping to get to the bottom of this.

Best,
Thomas Germain
My 2007 Scion tc sunroof just exploded. My life just flashed before my eyes 👀 few minutes ago 😳! I just heard BOOM 💥 💣! My sunroof exploded and spontaneously shattered. It was literally like a bomb explosion. When something happens when you’re going 65 miles per hour like that...I was terrified 😨 and still traumatized! Thank You Lord for keeping me safe!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

Best,
Thomas Germain
expand...
My 2007 Scion tc sunroof just exploded. My life just flashed before my eyes 👀 few minutes ago 😳! I just heard BOOM 💥 💣! My sunroof exploded and spontaneously shattered. It was literally like a bomb explosion. When something happens when you’re going 65 miles per hour like that...I was terrified 😨 and still traumatized! Thank You Lord for keeping me safe!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts