Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just ordered my TRD Exhaust and it should be here any day. I plan on installing it myself since pretty much everyone on here did theirs themselves and I don't want to pay $80 an hour for a dealer. I've never done any car work before, but it looks simple enough, however, does anyone have any tips or can anyone put up a quick step by step? Like what bolt to undo first and what not, any input is appreciated. Thanks!

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Its 2 bolts , 14mm i think, and 3 hooks. The hooks can be a bit of a pain but no huge deal. Undo the bolts and then go to town on the hooks.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anything important i need to know about the gasket?

· Registered
266 Posts
Just make sure the gasket is where it should be....just in the pipe straight at the flange where it bolts on. Getting the old exhaust off the rubber hangers can be a little of a pain like it has been said. A little dishwashing detergent and water mixture sprayed on the rubber where the metal hanger goes through can make it a bit easier. Another paw (hand) to help hold it while removing and replacing is nice but not required...I had no extra hand but kind of wished for one for a few seconds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.