Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I should be the proud owner of a 5-speed Nautical blue tC in the coming weeks and I've been looking around for wheels for some time now and I was hoping someone could help me with that.
I narrowed it down to 3 of them:

Drag Racing DR13 in 18x7.5 (in Gun Metal or Silver, still have to decide on that)

Exel TZ-16 in 18x7.5 Silver

Exel Daytona in 18x7.5 Silver

I couldn't find any info on any of these wheels weight, but I sent some emails to the manufacturers (still waiting for their replies). So I was wondering if any of you guys would know where to get that kind of info, but more importantly if you knew if these wheels brands were good or not (I found couple bad reviews on Exel wheels for example...).

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well here's the reply from Exel:

"We currently don't have any weight information. Please contact us for any further question you may have."

Now if the manufacturer doesn't know, who the hell will ?!?!?

I agree with you Eddie, the Daytonas do look more aggressive (which is why I picked them to start with) but the other two have some classy/sport look to them I like a lot.

What about the Drag wheels? Anyone has info on these ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL ! And now here's Wheelmax answer:

Hi,

Unfortunately Exel and Drag dont provide us weight information.If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The rims in the first picture are 4-lugs...dunno if that helps you make your decision, but thought I would point it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
basilisk4 Posted on Oct 28 2005, 11:25 AM
  The rims in the first picture are 4-lugs...dunno if that helps you make your decision, but thought I would point it out. [/b]
You're right, the picture shows 4-bolt pattern, but I guess Wheelmax didn't bother looking for the actual 5x100 picture.

Here's the actual correct pattern from Wheelguyz:

Thanks though.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Safe bet they are heavy as bricks. If the mfr won't quote the weight it's because they are damned heavy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.