Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,554 Posts
The professional drivers at exposed were wearing their e-brakes out. They should be honorary members of C.B.A.

· Registered
120 Posts
haven't tried it yet....but i want to....how do u do it? if your ebrake is up and u cut your wheel all the way, how can u get enough speed to spin like that???

· Registered
543 Posts
i did it once. used to do it in my old civic, but only on snow/iced parking lots. personally i don't want to beat the crap out of my brand new car like that

· Registered
1,554 Posts
If anybody can host a video, I have footage from exposed.

· Registered
567 Posts
Originally posted by Repo1981@Apr 20 2005, 03:56 PM
haven't tried it yet....but i want to....how do u do it? if your ebrake is up and u cut your wheel all the way, how can u get enough speed to spin like that???
Lol, your kidding right? I'm pretty sure he's talking about being in motion and yanking the e-brake to break the back end loose while turning.

Having the e-brake up at a stop and then trying to drive will do next to nothing besides wearing out your front tires when they start to spin, or, if you actually get the car in motion, cutting a nice flat gouge into the back tires as they drag along the ground.

I did that once in an IKEA parking lot with my 96 GST, I was going 30mph or so and just yanked the e-brake as hard as i could... nothing happened, the cable broke.

have you guys ever tried e-braking or tray sliding yet?

i have...

the car whipps around pretty quick and i wasnt driving in the rain either...[/b]
Good Grief. Your on a roll man. Did you figure out how to get around the rev limiter yet?

· Registered
1,686 Posts
i did it in my old civic and integra.... fun stuff.. i did it in my schools parking lot when it was empty. what you do is:

get going about 30mph at that speed you could make a hard turn, with out rolling the car on its side. dont try this in a SUV.

if you wanna drift to the left, do a quick little turn to your right

quickly, pull up the e-brake and at the same time, turn the wheel hard to the left.

this will make your back end drift

if you want to do a U-turn, then give it some gas

if you want to drift sideways, start turning the steering wheel to the right

thats all i really experimented with... would i do this to my tC?... no way.

· Registered
279 Posts
I like to slide into a parking spot at walmart whenever I go at like 3 am and the lot's empty. I've nailed it a few times.

It does wear your tires unevenly though. I get a nice *whompwhompwhompwhomp* sound now.

Good times though.

· Registered
71 Posts
I do it all the time when I've had a little too much drinky drinky. I would be cautious though my e-brake makes a strange grinding sound when I engage it every now and then.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
I heard its bad do do this on cars with ABS... that could be bad information. I used to do ebrake turns around tight corners in my talon, but I had really sticky tires and that car was AWD so I could recover from the turn really easily. Can't say I've done this in my tC yet, and I can't imagine wanting to. I actually care about this car... LOL

· Registered
11,890 Posts
Video.

I posted this a while ago, but here it is again.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Yeah, I saw him drive a 12 second Supra to mid 13's at Turbos n' Tumbleweeds in Palmdale a couple of years ago. Not much of a driver, that's for sure.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.