Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take my tC into the dealership today to have it serviced. I get to the dealership at noon (12 o'clock was my appointment time) and drop my car off. Finally at around 2:10-ish the guy comes to me and says something about the people who service the car were unable to get my car onto the lift due to its lowered height. That's fine. However waiting for two hours just to find out that all they did was play around for 15 minutes trying to get my car onto the lift phukin angered me. What a waste of a day for me. They didn't even change the oil, replace the filters, or put some more coolant in, things that I assume can be done without the hydraulic lift.

To make a short story even shorter the dealership said my lowered tC would not be able to go onto the lift and that I should go to a place like Jiffy Lube because they have "pits".

Has a problem similar to this happened to you and can you elaborate? Please.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
that sounds really strange. my car is yet to be lowered, but my friends car has a 2" drop on it, and they lift his car with no problem at atlantic toyota. maybe your dealership jus didnt feel like it, which i highly doubt. maybe they just didnt know how to maneuver your car properly.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
my dealer has no problem with my tC and i am down 2". but, my dealer cant align my ride since i am on 18's. i suppose its possible, but i cant imagine a service dept that couldnt accomodate your tC lowered 1.3". weird. it would drive right up on my rack here at our shop.

·
Registered
73 Posts
thats weird i took my tC to the dealership in tracy ca, and they didnt have a problem and im down 2" also...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think my car is more than a 1.3 just by looking at it. I think I was misinformed when I bought the springs but I like the look nonetheless. I'm still pissed I'm going to need to find a place that can service my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.