Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
i am curious how your friend figures you can get up to 300 without forced induction.
that much HP and the torque increase will leave you with more problems than a blown engine. your mechanic needs to do a little more research before he recommends a blower for you.
there is no absolute safe way to boost your tC. the safest would be the TRD supercharger. the leat safe would be one of the aftermarket turbos that fail to consider all issues one may have down the road, and not even that far down the road. first thing i can think of is the axles. one word - twist. there have already been reports of problems there running too much torque from a turbo. then think engine management - someone is going to be doing some cutting and splicing to get a management system in there, or your ECM is going to choke your motor to death.
if you want to use it as a daily driver, with minimal problems and upkeep costs, stay away from the turbos. not only will things go wrong, but nothing will be warrantied any longer. for a solid, spirited daily driver, the real answer out there is the TRD s/c.

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
Originally posted by bluesciontc@Feb 2 2006, 11:02 PM
So you being a dealer of course your going to want us to go SC
please. my opinion has nothing to do with my being a dealer, and everything to do with several discussions with knowledgeable people. that's like saying my being a dealer is what makes me want people to buy a tC.
right, i give a damn about you purchasing anything from anyone but me. keep thinking that.
unless you have some real insight to how i really operate, you have no business telling me why i do the things i do. and you dont know me from adam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.