Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys,

I just bought a 2005 Scion tC in March. I put gas in it one day, filling it up. Later that day I got in my car to go somewhere when I noticed it was running funny. When I got to a red light and stopped, the car killed. After that everytime I came to a stop the car would kill. thought it was bad gas, but it wasnt. Brought it in to the dealership, they changed the oxygen sensor and the charcoal canister. Got my car back and about a week later I filled it back up and had the same prob as before!!! They said they couldnt find anything wrong with it. This time they changed the gas tank?? tThey said when I fill it up not to click the gas gun once it clicks once. Thats retarded!!What is wrong with my car?????? Is it a lemon????

JJ

· Registered
664 Posts
no i wouldn't say your car is a lemon..

when it clicks off you're supposed to stop.. there is room for expansion in the gas tank for things such as gas vapors. When you continue to pump past where the first click off happens, you are putting fuel where the vapor was supposed to be and you then push the gasoline into parts like the charcoal canister, etc.. Just because the gas tank COULD take extra fuel, doesn't mean it was supposed to.. One time over filling can ruin the emissions systems..

but after replacing the gas tank and charcoal canister, you're still smelling fumes? unless there was still fuel in the vapor lines and it contaminated the new charcoal canister, it's something to check again..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.