Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here i was looking at the TURBO magazine and i saw this ad, electronics super charger and i'm looking at and like what is it? So i went to their web site and checked it out, but it just doesnt seem right so i'm gonna turn to you guys to give some thoughts and opinions. Q for lo bux, cuz hes our MAN.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You failed to mention the name of this website.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
if you want it, grab a leaf blower and strap it to the intake.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Got a link? Doesn't sound to good from the description, but I'd like to see what they are offering.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It probably does exactly what they claim. The base model draws 57 amps (820 watts) in operation, and the superduper model draws 114 amps (1641 watts, more than many alternators can produce). That's a LOT of power, but that's what you need to create boost of any kind.

To balance this, consider a turbocharger is getting about the same amount of potential energy as the engine produces to power itself. The wasted exhaust energy is about equal to the hp the engine generates which is also about equal to the amount of energy being shed by the cooling system. So if you are making 200 hp, the turbo theoretically has about 200 hp available to create boost.

So, I don't doubt it works as advertised. It would be interesting and fun to put it in front of a turbo...

·
Registered
40 Posts
one of the tuner magazines did an article about these and did a dyno. i'm pretty sure that they found it lost power rather than gained it. also, u're gonna suck ur alternator dry pretty quick

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Got a link?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.