Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got her.

2005 Superwhite Manual Tc w/18' wheels and SAB. Going back in a few days to get springs and sway bar installed. Going to buy door sills and mats online tonight. Oh yes, I also opted for GAP insurance and a 7 yr / 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.

Anyways, it was a blast to drive home even though I stalled a couple times.
My first stick and I drove it 30 miles home, lol.

So far, I have a few things to say about the car.

1) It has a very smooth ride to it...even with the 18' wheels

2) 2nd gear has a LOT of "pep" to it. I have not pushed it....Im talking around 4k rpms.

3) The radio is kind of weak. Can anyone suggest some settings for me? I like rock and rap.

4) The clutch seems real tight-----but what do I know, its my first stick.

5) The sunroof covers are very flimsy....I could see the rear one flapping in the wind when the sunroof was open.

6) My car came with a broken radio door. I have to push the top to open it. It is broken right? I was planning on asking for another one when I get my springs and sway bar installed.

7) A blast to drive the car, it gets a LOT of looks.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Congrats on getting your tC!

Re: Stereo settings - I think most people enjoy xA/Hear

Re: Radio Cover - It's a common problem & you just have to find the "sweet spot" - try a somewhat sharp poke between the three dots and the logo in the middle...

Re: Moonroof covers - just have both open at the same time... I don't think I've ever kept the back closed if I open the moon roof... I usually have both covers open unless the sun is beating down & it gets too hot...

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
xB/Feel isn't too bad either.

And I totally agree with Eric about the covers. If the windows are down or the moonroof is open, both covers are open. I want to make sure they last as long as possible and it seems very possible for them to be damaged in the wind.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I leave both sunroof flaps open all the time as well.

And I had the same thought about the radio cover, "Oh crap, it's broken!" but according to this board nearly EVERYONE has this issue. Sigh.

I've given up hitting the bottom, I just jab the top and it opens every time. Quite lame, but for the cost of the car, a minor nuisance. I still love this car.

Ed

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have the VSE subwoffer and I ride with xB/hear

When ever I open the roof, I have both covers open, just want to preserve them like Wolo said.

I thought the same thing when I first drove the car home with the radio cover, but after about a month of use it glides open with the lightest flick

·
Registered
502 Posts
I bet the real problem with the radio covers are the owners not knowing how to open them, it's hard to imagine a new car with something already broken.

I think the moonroof covers have to be a fabric type retractable thing because if they were hard then there would be no place to slide them without blocking a window.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes the this vinyl covers are a necassary evil becasue of the awesome all glass roof
personally they dont bother me and they are easy to keep clean

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
congrats on your tc...I leave my roof covers open most of the time, just like Eric said, unless it's really sunny and hot out. Stereo is set on xb/feel, that sounds best to me. xa/hear is also pretty good. Mess around with the SSP button. Also don't worry about stalling, I've had a whole thread beggin for help when I first got my 5spd. Now it's a piece of cake.

Have fun man, enjoy your new ride.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Stalling is fun!!! You get to laugh at yourself.... I guarantee it! Go ahead... try it!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha....definitely stalled the first two days.

I have now had the car for 4 days and I have almost 400 miles on it. Can you guess how much I love my Tc?

I took the Tc badge of the back and I think it flows much better. I got my pedals, door sills, and mats today..... they all definitely added some more style to my whip.

I just finished washing her with some Zaino----its too sunny to wax it. Man does she look great. Anyways, Im not sure where Im going with this post...but I think Ill go for another drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts