Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
NICE. That's freakin' sweet. Where'd you get it and how much???
Also, does it play DVDs/MP3s and all that jazz? Looks nice that it's not showing with the door closed, keepin' your stuff safer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by mikeyb3d@Oct 9 2005, 03:00 PM
NICE. That's freakin' sweet. Where'd you get it and how much???
Also, does it play DVDs/MP3s and all that jazz? Looks nice that it's not showing with the door closed, keepin' your stuff safer.
Got it at SUPER AUTOBACS (SoCal) for $999 + tax, installation was $100 (3 yrs warranty). DVD/MP3 .... everything. Pretty cool !!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by buttaz@Oct 9 2005, 07:57 PM
OooOoo eclipse... my new fav... just one question.

- Is it hacked so u can drive n watch DVD at the same time???

-buttaz
Edited to protect the innocent

Sorry guys, we can't talk about this subject here...

- Alpman

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by zyzyx6969+Oct 9 2005, 08:19 PM-->QUOTE (zyzyx6969 @ Oct 9 2005, 08:19 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-buttaz
@Oct 9 2005, 07:57 PM
OooOoo eclipse... my new fav... just one question.

- Is it hacked so u can drive n watch DVD at the same time???

-buttaz
Edited to protect the innocent

Sorry guys, we can't talk about this subject here...

- Alpman [/b]
so, me ain't innocent then

jk

anyways, sorry alpman, my bad

·
Registered
542 Posts
so that would mean that you do have it rigged up? although how many people honestly plan to watch a movie while driving? that just seems like a bad plan.

·
Registered
84 Posts
im confused....wuts all this protect the innocent stuff

·
Registered
730 Posts
Originally posted by s4snowboard@Oct 10 2005, 10:11 PM
im confused....wuts all this protect the innocent stuff
It is illegal in ALL 50 states to watch full motion video in the front view of the driver, period, as well as being very distracting and dangerous. If one were to be involved in an accident resulting in death due to watching TV while driving, you can bet your bottom dollar there would be a major lawsuit. They would go after anyone and everyone involved, driver, manufacturer, stereo shop (as well as the installer), and anyone else they could prove had a hand in overriding this safety feature, including anyone giving advice on this site regarding this issue as well as the owners of this site...therefore, the "innocent" would be all of the above. In other words, CYA!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Originally posted by zyzyx6969@Oct 11 2005, 10:45 AM
that sux, what about California ? Anybody know ? I don't watch movies but TV (news) while driving.
Any full motion video, including broadcast television and video games are illegal. As a rule of thumb, anything that is considered for entertainment purposes should be considered illegal. Anything for information purposes, ie navigation, traffic info, etc should be considered OK. Check with your local law enforcement to be sure.

·
Registered
542 Posts
i doubt it, but would there be a way to listen to the tv station with the screen off? that would be legal correct?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.