Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click here

Anyone seen these ventvisors for the tc yet?

late

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Nope... but do you really want one for the tC? Doesn't it do the tC injustice... on a visual aspect I mean?

·
Registered
614 Posts
oh what the crap?! that looks horrible. there's no need for that mess.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I totally agree. I think it's so 80's to have these on, my sister's husband has an accord with these. First of all, they don't really stay in place b/c they're not fastened, so sometimes when he'd roll down the windows, they'd move down a bit too. And all above else, I think they look awful.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I had some on my Corolla, and they never moved. They're great in terms of utility, but I'd have to think twice before putting them on my beautiful tC...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I am your second thought.....don't do it, I'd rather kick myself in the junk than put these on my car.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have to say its a good thing they didn't make them the kind that sticks on with the 3m adhesive tape. I had them on my '91 talon, but that was when I was a smoker and they came in handy then. If you ask me, they're kinda "ghetto" please excuse the term, but its the only word I could come up with that sums up their tackyness. Maybe if the tC was ugly, I'd go for it, but seeing how its not... I'm gunna look the other direction and pretend they never created those for the tC!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Vent Visors = Smoker

I know because I have them on my current car and used to smoke. By the way, quitting was the best/hardest thing I have ever done.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
good for you guys that quit. My friend's been trying to quit for years, and I got my gf to quit when we first started dating.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Continuing the off-topicness, my g/f still smokes.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i'm sure that's a tough and sensitive issue...it took my gf much longer to quit than I thought it did at first....she quit, then secretely started back up again and when I'd smell it in her hair, she'd be like, "oh it was the people at work smoking". But eventually after a few months she realized that it was a much healthier decision to quit. So she did.....sure she longs for a smoke sometimes, but realizes that she's not only doing it for herself, but for me also. I've made plenty of sacrifices for her as well, it's a mutual relationship and we both understand it. For my best friend on the other hand, he still smokes, it's really a part of his lifestile (musician) so that makes it super tough to quit. He actually has to change the way he spends his day in order to quit. That's why he's been on and off. He's also under a tremendous amount of stress now (got accepted into Julliard), so quitting's not really an option. Stress was mainly the reason why it was so hard for my gf to quit too. Being in an italian/catholic household didn't help also, LOL! No offense to anybody that's catholic or italian. Wow, that was completely off topic, Alex strikes again!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Back on topic.....Yuck. Looks bad, IMHO.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm kinda indifferent on these. Either way. I don't think they are ugly, nor badass.

late

·
Registered
2 Posts
i'm sure that's a tough and sensitive issue...it took my gf much longer to quit than I thought it did at first....she quit, then secretely started back up again and when I'd smell it in her hair, she'd be like, "oh it was the people at work smoking". But eventually after a few months she realized that it was a much healthier decision to quit. So she did.....sure she longs for a smoke sometimes, but realizes that she's not only doing it for herself, but for me also. I've made plenty of sacrifices for her as well, it's a mutual relationship and we both understand it. For my best friend on the other hand, he still smokes, it's really a part of his lifestile (musician) so that makes it super tough to quit. He actually has to change the way he spends his day in order to quit. That's why he's been on and off. He's also under a tremendous amount of stress now (got accepted into Julliard), so quitting's not really an option. Stress was mainly the reason why it was so hard for my gf to quit too. Being in an italian/catholic household didn't help also, LOL! No offense to anybody that's catholic or italian. Wow, that was completely off topic, Alex strikes again![/b]
who f*cking cares?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by putz@Sep 13 2004, 03:16 AM
who f*cking cares?
Thanks for your intelligent contribution. Hope to see more of that.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
OFF TOPIC:

PUTZ, I'm not sure if you were perceptive engough to notice an underlying discussion about smoking between Marty and I, and I understand that it was off topic, and obviously not relevant, I recognize that, and apologized for it in my last post.

You may not care.... in fact you may not even like the online version of me, Alex. But unlike you, I shared something that might have been valuable or interesing to someone else. You can flame all you want, I personally don't give a damn.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Putz - your obviously a smoker who needs

I know it is
, but please take your angry self to another forum.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
My buddy is a smoker and has these things on his Matrix. Don't know if they help though - smoked all my life and never had these vent visor thingies. I quit before I bought the tC, so no need for extra plastic

1 - 20 of 24 Posts