Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys if you own a 2006 and dont have the optional ipod HU, and dont plan on buying it I would like to buy the factory wiring taped to the left of the headunit, it may also be behind the headunit wrapped in foam or tape. It should be a long slender 16 pin plug.
this is a quote from scionlife.
'the 2006 vehicle is pre-wired with the ipod harness (behind the HU) and it travels down the console to near the console where your shift knob would be. if you buy the ipod option, there is a cable that must be installed under the shift knob that attaches to the harness there and then you run it to the center console/armrest to where the ipod input is."
I WOULD PAY SOMEONE $50 for this wiring harness. If noone wants to open up there entire unit to where the shift knob is i would give you $25 for just the slender 16 pin connector with like 2 inches of wire up near the HU if you just cut the wires, so i could splice into my car.
Let me know,
sounds like easy money for someone who doesnt have the optional ipod compatible headunit

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm im surprised your not all lining up to hack open your brand new cars...

but seriously, i thought someone would be interested... if you dont use the ipod HU whay not sell that little connector...
pleeeese

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.