Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I just had a conversation today with Lance from Toyomoto in respect to the emanage computer. Just trying to see what he thinks about it and why he doesn’t recommend it on the tc. The problem seen to be in the “timing”. The emanage does not do the timing well, meaning (–1) on the emange for the timing is not (–1) degree is actually (-1) present. If the motor needs to be retarded 3 degrees and you set it for (-3) it will actually do (-3) present not (-3) degrees as desired. In most cases went retarding the timing in the emanage to a low number (-3) and above the car will back fire and will not run correct.
But the worse problem the emanage has in my opinion is that the odbc will still be trying to correct the changes that the e-manage was set to do (specially with larger injector) and actually “it will” over a period of time. For example if you retard the timing in the emanage, the stock computer will know and will try to advance it to the stock factory setting (this may take some time) but went it does your car will be at the stock timing and stock timing and high boost equals blow engine. If you set a sniffer to monitor detonation on the system you will actually see the engine detonating with the emanage ECU. “ damage ringlands is cause by detonation”
I’m installing a Haltech on my tc.
The Haltech works completely independent from the stock computer in respect to timing and fuel management. The odbc can retard or advance all its wants; it does not make a difference to the car. Haltech is controlling all that. The only thing the stock computer is controlling for now is the flyby wire, that’s all!!
I know most people are running the emanage and some engines are blowing up!! Huummm Im not 100% sure what is causing this but it could be the emanage. Something to think about. I hope this can help.

Rick C.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
The standard e-Manage blue is not the best solution. However, an e-Manage Ultimate works quite nicely. It can take over full ignition and injection capabilities and ignore all ECU values.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huummm, I don’t know if you are correct but everything I have read about the new e-manage points to be the “newest piggyback”. It’s still a piggyback, in fact it said that “The biggest change to this system is in the “Parameter Setting” window. With all the added features, the window is now in a tab menu format.” It does have more features I will give you that.
http://www.titanmotorsports.com/greul.html
http://www.trust-power.com/06new/e2005/050701_ultimate.html
I dont know about taking over full ignition and injection capabilities and ignore all ECU values.
It may work on a small setup but I will still go with a stand along one like the Haltech.

Rick C.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
It's all in the jumper settings. Since technically all the ECU is doing is sending specific voltages it isn't hard to add to or remove from those, it's a very basic EE principal. Now I'll agree that it isn't the best method out there, but it doesn't suffer the same shortcomings as the regular e-Manage blue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.