Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it's me, but it seems my E-brake needs to be pulled almost all the way to really engage. Is it the tension on the brake line or is it just like that. I park my car in front of my garage which is on a very slight slope. Even on the slope when I let off the brake with my foot I get a slight roll back. Even when I get out of the car it makes a rubbing noise which is the car wanting to roll back but is tensioned by the brakes.In most cars I've driven, you only have to pull the e-brake up slighty and the more you engage it would be for more of a slope your car would be parked on. It just seems weird that the e-brake on my TC has to be almost all the way up to keep the car still. Am I tripping and that is how the ebrake just is??

·
Registered
427 Posts
Its purely mechanical and it needs some pressure applied. My problem is that when lowering it, it doesn't always go down all the way so I have to push the button again and let it the rest of the way down. I think its because my old car had less 'stuff' around the ebrake so 'all the way down' felt different.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I notice the same thing and think it's odd too.
I'm going in for my 1000mi oil dump and having them look at a few things tomorrow. That's one of the things I'm having them look at.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's totally adjustable, but mine doesn't feel any different than my Supras or any of the other Toyotas I have owned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.