Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by Check_Raise@Feb 10 2005, 10:41 PM
any have know how much hp the DC sports header gives? does anyone on this forum have one? pros & cons?
Almost bought it, but decided not to bother with 02 simulators and such...

The thing removes the catalytic converter, thus causing some negative reaction from the car's ECU.

·
Registered
22 Posts
oh really? what kind of negative reactions? im thinking about getting, still debating on it too. DC Sports is a good company and the header is easy to install, a few bolts and ur done so i dunno. i just hope the header doesnt make the tC lose low end power or anything. cuz there's headers out there that will give you more power at like 5k rpm but u lose a bunch of power down at 2k and 3k rpm.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
DC header gives you a permanent CEL (something in the neighborhood of low catalytic converter efficiency) - DC says it's a race header, so they will not do anything about the CEL.

CEL can be fixed with the o2 simulator, but for me it's just too much tweaking for a warranted car...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.