Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this topic has been coverd various times, and i read all of them, but i still have a doubt. If you were to use just the first half of the CAI and add the filter cone to it making it a short ram would it fit inside the engine bay or would it hit against the side walls. I would apreciate it if anybody how has done this before could help me out with this dumb question. I dont want to go buy one and then find out it doenst fit.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
The Injen CAI has both, so you can convert it to SR or CAI. I heard it has a good sound and minimal power gains. I'd recommend that if you want both.

Eric

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Yes, it fits. You know how big the stock airbox is? That's where the paper cone filter will go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Every body i apreciate the help i am thinking of buying he injen CAI, but let me ask you something else, what do you guys think about the weapon R? I have herd of metal savings flowing inside the engine form the tubing and causding internal damage to the piston rings. Dont know if any of this is true.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Don't forget the fact that after Toyota did an investigation and determined that the Weapon-R intake had destroyed that guy's engine, Weapon-R refused to pay for the repairs.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
so we are back to the point where we say, " the mfg only warranties the part, not your engine."
and yes, i have seen first hand the metal shavings inside the weapon r intake. and the owner of that car removed the intake post-haste.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jan 2 2006, 12:06 PM
so we are back to the point where we say, " the mfg only warranties the part, not your engine."
and yes, i have seen first hand the metal shavings inside the weapon r intake. and the owner of that car removed the intake post-haste.
didnt u have that intake?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
no. i am pretty anti-intake, if you havent noticed from my posts.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ yep. and everybody is illegal in my state.

i will stick with my s/c for increasing my airflow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.