Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up guys, im brand new to this forum. ive read some of the posts and you guys have some great information. im actually going to be ordering my TC in the coming days but i had a quick ?. Can you get a dual exhaust system on the tc's and where could you get one? or would it just be good to go with the single exhaust system like the one with the magnaflow tip? thanks for your info guys. Andy

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Check here for a pretty complete discussion of dual exhausts.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Scion Speed is coming out with dual exaust. they are saying that they have been working on it since last year and will be aviable this summer. They also are sayin that you won't lose any back pressure, cus of its design, but i don't know anything about it. And the exaust is for NA cars.

·
Registered
339 Posts
that would look real good with the wide body

·
Registered
339 Posts
eh as much as i like the dual exhaust i dont think it would serve any purpose performance wise on the car, and that is whats the most important imo

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I think a dual exhaust system would be cool for a looks stand point and if they've taken a year to design it I would assume they've worked out all the kinks. I'm intrigued, yet not that interested. If you're going to spend more money on an exhaust system just so you have dual exhaust, my opinion is that you're wasting money that could be better spend else where. I'd assume this exhaust system from Scion Speed will be in the $800 range, but for that money you could get the injen exhaust or TRD exhaust and an intake and see more gains. If show is the way you're trying to go, then the dual is your route, but if you're looking to get more HP out of your tC, save your money and buy something worth while.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Just another thought, has anyone thought of using the TRD exhaust or stock exhaust and welding another pipe to the other side and putting a matching tip on it? I'm not sure about the internal design on the muffler, but you may even be able to cut a hole and make it functional... this may be an inexpensive way to get your dual exhaust without going through the BS of having one custom made.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Jun 5 2005, 10:10 PM
I think a dual exhaust system would be cool for a looks stand point and if they've taken a year to design it I would assume they've worked out all the kinks. I'm intrigued, yet not that interested. If you're going to spend more money on an exhaust system just so you have dual exhaust, my opinion is that you're wasting money that could be better spend else where. I'd assume this exhaust system from Scion Speed will be in the $800 range, but for that money you could get the injen exhaust or TRD exhaust and an intake and see more gains. If show is the way you're trying to go, then the dual is your route, but if you're looking to get more HP out of your tC, save your money and buy something worth while.
Depends on the exhaust. The TRD or Injen exhaust will add maybe 2hp. The intakes are doing about 6hp. The Creative Compacts exhaust has shown 12hp.....

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Jun 5 2005, 10:16 PM
Just another thought, has anyone thought of using the TRD exhaust or stock exhaust and welding another pipe to the other side and putting a matching tip on it? I'm not sure about the internal design on the muffler, but you may even be able to cut a hole and make it functional... this may be an inexpensive way to get your dual exhaust without going through the BS of having one custom made.
I think that's generally how most honda people do it. For that reason it probably isn't a good idea.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Jun 6 2005, 10:21 AM
I think that's generally how most honda people do it. For that reason it probably isn't a good idea.
I didn't realize that, just thought it would be an easier way out... LOL... it is kinda funny how much crap honda owners get for being what they are... honda owners. I have a friend with an '02 honda civic he turbo'd and dyno'd at 228 fwhp not bad for a T25 turbo set up. He's running into engine management problems now though with fuel cut, but when it pulls MAN that car pulls. Anyways, honda's do have a ton of potential, but that mostly involves motor swaps like B16 or H22, but you can get a older honda civic very quick N/A with just the swap.

Back on topic, if this Scion Speed exhaust is really showing 12hp I would like to see dyno sheets to prove it. I guess i'll believe it when I see it. I guess my interest in this dual exhaust is increasing. I'm just curious how they plan on having buyers fix the problem of having only one space cut in the rear bumper for an exhaust tip...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.