Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there's anyone out there who is running duals on their tC...I'm looking into doing it to mine, but I don't know of any kits (I'd probably have to make my own) and I'm having a hard time finding a rear clip that will accomodate the second tip.

Anyone got pics?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
There are no true dual exhausts for the tC. I've seen someone run a camaro kit on theirs, but's a custom job and it really won't benefit you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm more interested in it appearance-wise. I'd most likely run something like a Y-pipe, not a true-dual setup. I guess I'll be making my own, then, haha. You know of any rear clips that would accommodate for a second tailpipe?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I thought I remembered seeing someone who did a true dual-exhaust setup on the tC. It was a long time ago, though, and I could be wrong.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
No clue, but like I said - the girl that had it somehow modded a camaro exhaust and put it on. Looked pretty good.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Easiest way to do it is with a camaro muffler (1 in 2 outs). And cut the bumper. You can't do "true" dual exhaust on a tC - one header, I-4...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right, I realize there is no real way to get a "true" dual exhaust on it, and that's totally not what i'm interested in, lol. I'm only interested in the appearance. I LOVE the look of dual exhaust. I'll definitely check out the camaro exhaust, considering I work at a Chevy dealer. I could probably get a real good price on a muffler and some exhaust piping...thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Magnaflow, dynomax, etc - they all make cheap camaro mufflers, so you don't need to hack up OEM chevy parts.

·
Registered
895 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Ah yes... Magnaflow dual outlet exhaust for IROC Z's. Forgot about that thread.

The dual angled muffler can one is rice.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Go to www.sciontcperformance.com they have a a dual mufler looks like a stock one but has 2 tips coming out on either side. Check it out but benifits none. benefits looks some.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I may end up doing one with a Camaro muffler one of these days, but only if I come across a rear bumper cover for free to hack up. Also I'm sure it will end up being too loud and I'll just take it off.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, one of the guys who joined our caravan to Scion Night II was rolling a white tC with duel cans. looked neat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.