Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
xA/xB/tC that tells you everything; it's not made for any of the above specifically and you'll end up working extra hard just finding a place to install it and routing the line properly and in the end none of it will pay off in noticeable gains.

You go, eBay marketer.

*snickers*

-Ed

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Originally posted by mattvs@Feb 13 2006, 07:57 PM
Do you get more juice sucking through 2 straws at the same time or just one.
You bring up an interesting point of having two straws. If you notice, when drinking with two straws you can take in twice the amount of water given that you can supply twice the amount of suction. However, if you have a straw that's twice the size of a single straw, you will have trouble taking in water when there isn't much water left.

However, two straws or one big one isn't relevant to this discussion.

An analogous straw would be one with a Y split at the end. Interestingly enough, I've had a straw that had a split. It did not make drinking any easier and in fact, made it less comfortable to drink. Like I said, a fluid (in this case, air) will take the path of least resistance unless forced. So unless you stick a compressor at the end of the more restrictive tube, air will only go through one of the two holes. If both are equally restrictive, or free flowing, as it were, then only half the amount of air would flow through twice the number of tubes and you would witness zero gains.

Now, two straws would be equivalent to two entirely different intake pipes. It would only be useful if the engine creates enough suction to utilize twice the amount of air. As it is, the 2AZ cannot possibly need any more air than it already gets. The other way to go about this would be to have two or more smaller pipes. That way, you can get a good top end without sacrificing the bottom end.

In fact, motorsports technology has already incorporated this concept with the use of multiple throttle bodies. So in effect, top performing NA engines have FOUR straws.

But this item is certainly not an extra throttle body.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Originally posted by josh_trdsparks@Feb 14 2006, 11:31 AM
Looks like Ebay junk to me.
That's because.... IT IS!

·
Registered
507 Posts
that intake is junk. its just a cosmetic intake for ricers that want to try and make it look like they have a twin turbo set up in there car. i believe hks makes intakes that look like that. i could be wrong, but i do remember seeing them somewhere else before.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Is it made out of a PVC sewer piping?

Wonder if I can use it anywhere in the house...

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Feb 14 2006, 04:42 PM
^^^ C/L.
Quite literally. Thanks for the much needed boring day laugh, Z.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Originally posted by 06TCDriv3r@Feb 14 2006, 06:37 PM
Yea why would you make somthing that not only looks "stupid" but doesnt do a bit of good for your car!
Because someone out there will buy it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.