Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a chance to screw with a real M3 this weekend - the roommate of one of our Atlanta guys stopped by our meet. We replaced one of the speakers on the things - Harman Kardon proved again that their stuff does not last. Surprisingly, M3's door panel is attached the same way it is on a $8K Echo. Well, the speaker replaced, I got to drive the damn thing.

The shifter felt funny from the start - the throws were longer than tC's stock. So much for a sporty car. On the road it was nice and peppy, but again, not $25K peppy. Went for a little drive and on the way back when I tried to do a quick 1-2 shift I ripped the shifknob right off the rod. Turned out it is not threaded - just clicked on the rod somehow, plus there are (were) wires going inside the knob for a reddish "M3 style" backlight. Well, no more

All in all, with couple of little mods (quickshifter) it can be a fun car, but I'm happy I did not go for one myself. The thing is definitely not worth the $25K+ for a 5-year old car.

I know it's not a real testdrive, but it was enough to get my BMW enthusiasm down a bit

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
And you wonder why I think they're poorly made for the price they ask? That car cost $40k when it was new...So did my Supra, and it still has the original everything except things I specifically modded. I've never even had to change a light bulb. Just another reason I love Toyota.

·
Registered
92 Posts
my friend had an E36 318. a 1.8 making 140 hp isn't too horrible. i drove it extensively, and while i can't speak for the m3, everything about his used E36 seemed very solid. not a sports car, but it was a fun, quality drive.

another friend of mine has a 350Z track model and constantly complains about not having an M3. (dur...)

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the money M3 costs I can make tC 2x as much fun to drive and 2x as fast as M3.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
For the money a new M3 costs I could've gotten my tC plus a used Supra TT. Then I would've had a car that's twice as fast and twice as hot, PLUS my tC, which I love.

Or, for the price of a 5-year-old M3, I could've gotten my tC and saved $7,000...oh, wait -- I did do that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Dec 29 2004, 07:54 PM
For the money a new M3 costs I could've gotten my tC plus a used Supra TT. Then I would've had a car that's twice as fast and twice as hot, PLUS my tC, which I love.

Or, for the price of a 5-year-old M3, I could've gotten my tC and saved $7,000...oh, wait -- I did do that.
and our scions do beat an 7 year old car huh?.....wait no the don't. dammit.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by aniggaztc+Dec 29 2004, 11:13 PM-->QUOTE (aniggaztc @ Dec 29 2004, 11:13 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-basilisk4
@Dec 29 2004, 07:54 PM
For the money a new M3 costs I could've gotten my tC plus a used Supra TT.  Then I would've had a car that's twice as fast and twice as hot, PLUS my tC, which I love.

and our scions do beat an 7 year old car huh?.....wait no the don't. dammit. [/b]
tC will beat any '05 $16.5K car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
well, first take some photochop at your local community college hopefully your scion can make it there. then pay real close attention to the profresor. and i would so much rather have a bimmer than a supra, no offense supras are quick but i dont really like rice, well maybe steamed rice but thats about it. and those guys bimmer ethusiasts too.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
So you like paying thousands more for cars that cost thousands to fix when they break and look exactly like the other thousands of identical BMWs on the road?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by aniggaztc@Dec 29 2004, 09:06 PM
well, first take some photochop at your local community college hopefully your scion can make it there. then pay real close attention to the profresor. and i would so much rather have a bimmer than a supra, no offense supras are quick but i dont really like rice, well maybe steamed rice but thats about it. and those guys bimmer ethusiasts too.
I eat Bimmers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with my Supra in a straight line, through the twisties, and any other place an idiot Bimmer driver wants to challenge me. I have done it MANY times.

First, you want me to grant you some credibility when your screen name is a racial epithet. Oh, yeah, I don't care if you are African American, calling yourself aniggaztc is plain racist.

Second, you want me to think a stupid 5 cent mod to fool the ECM is worth 5 to 10 hp. All you managed to do is screw up your car and make it markedly slower. That's probably the stupidest mod I have ever seen for a TCCS controlled engine.

Third and last, you're just another wannabe BMW owner. Buy one and enjoy the poor workmanship, high maintenance costs, and faulty designs. You wouldn't know a reliable, fast, good handling car if it bit you; and if you lost control of your tC, you can't drive no matter who manufactured the car.

You are just another troll with a picture of someone else's tC.

If this were an email list, I'd ask the admins to boot you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer+Dec 29 2004, 11:09 PM-->QUOTE (lo bux racer @ Dec 29 2004, 11:09 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-aniggaztc
@Dec 29 2004, 09:06 PM
I eat Bimmers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with my Supra in a straight line, through the twisties, and any other place an idiot Bimmer driver wants to challenge me. I have done it MANY times.

First, you want me to grant you some credibility when your screen name is a racial epithet. Oh, yeah, I don't care if you are African American, calling yourself aniggaztc is plain racist.

Second, you want me to think a stupid 5 cent mod to fool the ECM is worth 5 to 10 hp. All you managed to do is screw up your car and make it markedly slower. That's probably the stupidest mod I have ever seen for a TCCS controlled engine.

Third and last, you're just another wannabe BMW owner. Buy one and enjoy the poor workmanship, high maintenance costs, and faulty designs. You wouldn't know a reliable, fast, good handling car if it bit you; and if you lost control of your tC, you can't drive no matter who manufactured the car.

You are just another troll with a picture of someone else's tC.

If this were an email list, I'd ask the admins to boot you. [/b]
[email protected] at me! son yeah! dipset in the building!peace my naca.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's a proper noun and should be capitalized regardless, but that understanding seems to be beyond your skillset as well.

Yes I have good taste, I would never buy any German car except Mercedes-Benz and even they are slipping with their recent Chrysler acquisition and diminished quality ratings.

N3 1d10t c4n 5p34k h4x0r if U c4n ju5t typ3. 50 wh4t?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I bought a Supra brand new in '94 when they cost $45k. I make wine with grapes, and I can drive anything I want under $100k.

Please get off the leg, you're acting like a silly yard dog.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.