Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do that. How much would it be to put the tC on bags? And what do i have to get when i get said bags? Also, what do i have to watch out for, for instance, if i drop the car, will anything underneath it break? such as the muffler or anything? get back to me...thanks.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Well here is the bottom line with airbags. The way you want to go is to get the bags that are installed in the shocks, kind of like a coilover setup. You will need airlines, i would suggest something reinforced and heat resistant. You will need an airtank and compressor, and probably another battery to run it efficiently. Undoubtedly the tank and batteries should be mounted in the hatch area, you could put the compressor up front where the battery was is you wish. When you drop it, the car will go until you hit the bump stops, you can put different sized rubber bump stops in (custom of course) to get it sititng where you want when it is dropped. Also when you drop it you will have to make sure the wheels/tires won't hit the inner wheel wells, you may have to take them out of modify them to make it work. All in all expect $3000 for parts, and maybe $1000 for install, plus as much work as you want to put into make it look good and not making anything rub or touch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.